Thread: Backtrack 5 Gnome 32bit install hangs at 99%

Backtrack 5 Gnome 32bit install hangs at 99%

I'm trying Backtrack 5 gnome-32 bit in VMware. Defect lies in the 3200MB memory configuration. The installer mechanism fine until 99% (possibly when to set up grub).by means of the memory is almost filled fast Install ISO and VMdrive on fast Raid0.

Re: Backtrack 5 Gnome 32bit install hangs at 99%

This is not an error, so move this segment for beginners. Second, the allotment of 3.2 GB of RAM for the virtual machine is nonsense. You should read about creating, configuring and using machines virtual machine. Why not start with the image provided by VMware first, it seems that the problem is in the Virtual machine configuration. Anyone know how to fix this problem in backtrack 5 than post your reply here.

I’m running Virtual Machine with 1024MB of RAM, but RAM is all consumed and the setting up hangs at 99 %.so I consider I could be not in memory, so the temperature was greater than before up to a backtrack 5 gnome 32-bit machine. Install now working to recreate Virtual Machine after it could have been a problem with the virtual disk. I’m not able to figure out exact problem which is causing backtrack 5 to hangup at 99 percent. Help

My installation was sitting on 99% for 5 minutes, and then I noticed Hard disk started working I let it continue, then 5 min later it confirmed "almost done" in its place of "soon done" then 5 min after that it was installed. Now I’m finally at login page. After inputting default id root and password tool. I got console now I will type startx to get into graphical user interface. Now I can open any application and I’m also able to connect to internet.

Be blocked for a while don’t worry my laptop took 20 minutes in 99% and desktop took 15 minutes in the way that files are being copied back mad is rapid when the system is creating files that will take time. VMware usually takes longer times to install. Finally my backtrack 5 successfully got installed and now I’m booting it up .when it ask for username and password I input default id and password and then console came and I went to graphical window.

Hi dude
    Its not at all a problem.While you boot from cd/dvd rom the rate of copying the tempry files will be at slower rate.
    1)I suggest you to copy the .iso file to any of your hard disk partition.Now it boots at a faster rate
    2)Here we go,when system seats idle at 99% . Dont panick it checks for hardware changes.When you boot from cd/dvd rom ,some case it may take even a year
    3)Wait for 5-10 min ,it shows configuring your hardware devices.....23%...50%...100%
    4)We are done ,it asks for reboot.While rebooting ,even though we dint boot from cd/dvd it asks to remove dvd from tray.Just press Enter

Hello! I was having the same problem and I found this thread. What luck! I was going to reinstall XP but someone on this thread said they had to wait 20 minutes. So I thought I'd better wait. It took 25 minutes to complete. Thankyou.