Thread: Need help to repair file extension?

Need help to repair file extension?

I am a new user to computer and everything was working fine until this happen, I don’t know what I did but now I have been struck with this problem am just unable to read the extension of any file I cant see any extension of my files please anyone can help me then please suggest me some ways to get them back? Can anyone tell me do I need any software for this now? Anyone having any hint about it please share it I really want this problem to be sorted out so please help me please.

Re: Need help to repair file extension?

Well first I want to know which operating system is you using hope fully it is windows one so you can make your extension of your file visible by following some basic steps so there are basic steps like click on tools then go to option then there would be an option buttons look out for that one which sates "Hide extensions for known file types" and deselect this option I think this would do your work because I think you must have selected it somehow so just try this steps I think this will be working for you enjoy your problem is solved I suppose.

Hey no I don’t think you need any software for this its not a big problem its just a silly thing you must have just selected the hide file extension option so you just need change it and you are done ,You just need to go to File Explorer and then click on Tools option then Click on Folder Options and then View You would be able to see a option saying Hide extensions of known file types setting just click that to apply to all the folders and just do this settings as you want to work and I really have the feeling that your problem would be solved over here

Don’t need to panic no need to install any software or download any it’s a basic problem and it can be solved in a minute just need to follow this steps: if you have windows 95
    1) Open my computer from your desktop
    2) Now select the view menu and now just click on option
    3) There would be a tab again in which views would be written now just uncheck the option next to hide file extension for known file type.
    4) Now click ok
    5) You are done
    If windows XP, ME, or 2000 then just go to file explorer and click tools at top and then select folder option at the end of that pop up now just go to view and now there would be many of option just search for hide file extension for known file type just deselect it if you have selected it and then press ok and that’s it

Yes friend these solutions seem to be a perfect hope it has solved your problem and you really don’t need to download or install any software for this is not a big problem for a computer user anyways if you have tried this steps and still if you are having problem jus restart your pc and see and if still its there just try to do system restore to your pc go to start accessories system tools and then select restore to previous days before that day from when this problem has arrived in your pc and this would solve your problem 100 % I think. Best of luck

Ok this is a frequently asked question by many people and there are certain solutions like select the file right click and go to properties and over there try to change the file extension I think you can do that ang get rid of your problem and the other solution is download a software these guys have had suggested some softwares you can try using them and just see if you have are helped and if not I have a software named windows file repairer tool and I have a link search for this and you would get it over there fixanyfile.com download it and use it its good.