Thread: Unable to install ubuntu in MSI CR400

Unable to install ubuntu in MSI CR400

Hello friends MSI CR400 laptop in which I was using windows 7 and all the things were working fine. Before some days I have decided to install Ubuntu in my laptop and I get bubntu bootable flesh drive. Now when I try to install the ubuntu from that drive at that time I am facing problem with ubuntu installation. I have tried to solve this problem in so many ways but didn’t find any solution. Please help me to fix this problem. any help will be appreciated.

Re: Unable to install ubuntu in MSI CR400

I think you should try checking that bubntu bootable flesh drive is working properly or not. if possible try to install the Ubuntu in other computer or laptop from same drive and after that check whether it is gets installed properly or not. if it gets installed properly then there is something wrong with your laptop and try to boot it by inserting your USB stick in other USB port and after that check whether same problem is coming or not.

Make sure that you are not installing the ubuntu in NTFS file system because as far as I know Linux does not support properly in NTFS system. I think you should try to install the ubuntu in EXT2/3/4 after installing in this file system you will not find any difficulty with your ubuntu installation. I hope this trick will help you to fix this problem. if you are using any other operating system in your laptop currently and if you want to make your laptop dual boot then it is better you take backup of all your data first.

I think the USB stick which you are using to install the ubuntu in your laptop has some problem may be some of data in that gets corrupted and I think you need to format that USB stick and after that make it bootable again and now after doping that try to solve the problem. you can also try to solve the problem installing the ubuntu from ubuntu bootable installation disk. Try this solution and I think after that you will be able to install ubuntu successfully.

There is nothing wrong with my bootable USB flesh drive and I am able to install the ubuntu in other computer with this USB flesh drive. Now after that when I have also tried to install the ubuntu in my laptop by using ubuntu bootable disk but after that also still getting the same problem. I have also tried to fix the problem by making one EXT2 partition and then also I didn’t get any help from that. now please tell me what should I do to fix this.

You should remove the hard disk and take the backup of all the data in some other drive and after that format the hard disk completely. Now after doing that try to install the ubuntu in your laptop, I think after doing that you will be able to install the ubuntu su7ccessfully.i was also acing the similar problem and after that I have done same trick and my problem get solved and that is why I am suggestion you. I hope by doing same your problem will get solved.

I have take backup of all my important data in other hard drive and after that I have formatted my whole hard disk and then I have put it back in my laptop. Now after doing that I have tried to install UBUNTU in my system again then I have successfully installed UBUNTU in my laptop. At the time of installation I didn’t get any error and now my laptop is working fine. Your ideas really worked fine. Thank you for helping me and solving my problem.