Thread: Will WebDAV work on Windows 2000

Will WebDAV work on Windows 2000

Those who have already used the icloud might be familiar with the webdav. Right now my system is running with Windows 2000 which is a few years old. I haven’t upgraded it because I use laptop which is running with Windows 7. So I mostly use laptop for all of my purposes. I have used webdav in my laptop and it was working fine there. Whilst I attempt to install WebDAV connector on Windows 2000 (w/SP4) I obtain an error message telling that MSVCR90.dll may perhaps not be establish. What to do now?

Re: Will WebDAV work on Windows 2000

For XP and Linux, the world is also far more in order. Under Vista and Windows 7 because it looks very different again. The operating system does not allow you to connect to WebDAV-board tools. Also, the various workarounds, are now roaming the net, I have not got it to work. So a program was needed. But I had to find that half did not work and tasted the other half is money.

Last week, I am t on the program BitKinex encountered. It is probably only recently free of charge, on the website is still in some places, that it is a shareware version. On the download page is available, however, that it is freeware. Anyway, the connection to the WebDAV works quickly and without problems. Even the connection via SSL ran straight away. The other functions (FTP / SFTP) I have not been tested. For this I use WinSCP, which I am completely satisfied.

I have a little problem with WebDAV on Windows 2000 Professional. The WebDAV server is running properly, and I can also rename files with "drag and drop" to copy from the Explorer / / etc. When I click on a file in Explorer, double click, which is in the WebDAV folder, does not start the associated application, it does nothing to at all. Moreover, it is not possible to save a file directly into a WebDAV folder (I have to always save the file locally and then upload it manually via Windows Explorer).

WebDAV stands for "Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning". These are a set of extensions to the HTTP protocol that allow users to create shared documents and files on a server to manage. Important Note: For security reasons it only allow encrypted connections to. Be sure you create the connection that the "https" and not have to enter "http".

Windows XP properly conducting the identification process when connecting to the directory WebDAV, unlike Windows 2000, in which this issue is no problem. This article will show you how to get XP to connect properly to secure WebDAV directories. You need to create a WebDAV folder, password-protected, which will be available from Windows XP or through "My Network Places -> Add New Item ..." (My Network Place -> Add Network Place), or using the "Network Drive" ( Map Network Drive). About these methods of connection you can read the article "Accessing a shared (WebDAV) webfolder from Windows XP or 2000"