Thread: Downgrading windows 7 to windows xp service pack 3 Audio Drivers

Downgrading windows 7 to windows xp service pack 3 Audio Drivers

My laptop model is Toshiba Satellite c655-s5132 with windows 7 and I want it to downgrade it to windows XP service pack 3 Audio Drivers. But the problem is that changing to XP service pack 3 will never get the Audio driver so I need some help. Let me know if you are having any helpful suggestion to fix the matter of yours.

Re: Downgrading windows 7 to windows xp service pack 3 Audio Drivers

To solve this problem you have to follow certain steps. If you have more than 1 partition in your hard drive such as C, D, E, F than Copy all your important files from C drive of windows 7 to other drives D or E. If you don’t have sufficient space in any other drives then back-up your important data on external device such as Pendrive, CD, DVD or external HDD whichever is available with you. After back-up of data restart the Laptop, insert the Windows XP disc and delete the C partition i.e. the C drive only and create a new partition drive with NTFS system then Press enter and complete the necessary formalities like setting time, date, configuration, keyboard etc also installing necessary drivers such as video card, sound card etc. After completing this steps restore your necessary data from the external devices from which you have backed it up. In this way your Audio Drivers won’t get lost.

If you have only one partition i.e. only C drive then just back-up your necessary data in external storage device such as external HDD or pendrive etc. After taking back-up of necessary data restart your Laptop.
    insert the Windows XP installation or boot disc and delete the C drive only and create a new partition drive with NTFS system, Press enter and complete the required formalities like setting time, date, configuration, manage drive, keyboard etc also installing necessary drivers such as video card, sound card etc. Then restore your necessary data from the external devices in which you have taken back-up. Your Audio Drivers will not get harmed.

Another way is to Dual Boot Your Pre-Installed Windows 7 Computer with XP i.e. two O.S in your laptop. In this process you have to shrink some free space on the windows 7 hard drive of your Laptop to allocate space for new partition. For this you should have enough space on your hard disk. After doing this dual boot you can switch whichever O.S you want as per your requirement or needs. This way your Audio drivers won’t get lost and you will have both Windows XP and Windows 7.