Thread: How to fix CR-48 chrome OS is missing or damaged screen

How to fix CR-48 chrome OS is missing or damaged screen

I recently purchased Google Chromebook Cr – 48. I was able to use it properly and recently I got the problem with the Chromebook. I am getting a screen saying that chrome operating system is missing or damaged. As these Chromebook are new arrival and hence even I am not aware of the Chromebook, thus I don’t know how to fix the same. So please someone here please let me know what can I do in order to solve this problem.

Re: How to fix CR-48 chrome OS is missing or damaged screen

You should try to use recovery image in order to recover the chrome operating system. For this you can try to perform the recovery using a USB drive or using any SD card. So just get a image and then transfer the image to this drive. If you are not able to perform the same and not able to do it successfully then you can try to get any new SD card or USB drive. This is because I have found that there are several issues when using such external drives.

I will guide you in making recovery image file. For that you have to use USB drive which should be of 4 GB space. Then you need to get the image file of recovery image. So just go to Google chrome page and then download the same. After you download these files you have to extract these files and then you will have to rename it to img file. Then the next step for this is to have image writer so that you can write this image to USB drive. Thus you will have a image file on your USB drive

When you have a image file on either USB drive or any SD card, whichever you prefer. And when you want to get rid of the chrome OS is missing or damaged screen, you will have to plug your USB drive on the USB port of your Chromebook. Then start your Chromebook and boot it with USB drive. After this you will have to follow the onscreen instructions and then your chrome operating system would be repaired and you will be able to use it properly.

I would tell you that the above solutions are perfect but this won’t work until you go to developer mode. So before you start proceed with repair process, you have to enter developer mode. So just turn OFF your Chromebook, and then remove the battery. There you will find the tape, just remove it so that you will get white switch, so turn it towards the contact of battery. Then start your Chromebook and press ctrl + D. now you will be in developer mode and hence start the repair process.

In order to get to recover mode and then re image the chromium operating system. You will have to follow certain steps. So just turn off your Cr – 48. Then you have to use paper clip and locate the tiny pinhole in some corner back on your laptop. Thus then you have to insert that paper clip for some seconds to release the button. After this you will get a recovery screen on your Chromebook and then from there you can step into the needed task which you want to perform.

Well I loved the response that you all members here have given to my query. When I got the problem, then my friend told me to post a query here and definitely you will get a solution on this forum. And what he told was exactly right, I got step by step instructions such that even a one I cannot miss out. Thus I appreciate you all for helping me in solving the same. At last following these solutions my Chromebook is running well without any issues.