Thread: Need help related to wiatrace.log

Need help related to wiatrace.log

Hey friends I have just updated my windows XP to a newer version named service pack 3. I don‘t see much changes although the update was necessary for me so that I could install .net 2008 and Sql 2008 on my pc .and after installing that everything worked very fine. But recently when I tried to run a system check –up for error s it always shows me an error in a file named wiatrace.log, I have no idea what this file is and how to fix this file.

Re: Need help related to wiatrace.log

I guess that was a result from your last bad update that you have done through windows online update. The to get a accurate answer you need to specify exactly on what file have you received that error. The file named wiatrace.log is vast and solving your problem attempting and guessing every field is quite difficult. So I suggest you to place the exact file on which you are getting the error. Basically there are 5 types’ files that are named wiatrace.log in your windows xp system. So place the one that is having a problem.

Hey friends, thanks for the knowledge you have shared with me I never knew that wiatrace.log had 5 file names. Well I have a problem in C:\Windows\Debug\WIA\wiatrace.log whenever I run a system scan it gives me an error and when-ever I try to repair it just keeps on repairing without any error messages. So that even makes it difficult for me to understand that was that file got repaired or it was just bluffing around.

I think that may be a virus file , I just don ‘t know, I haven ‘t got such type of error before I have been working on windows xp sp3 since 2 years now , but , I never saw or an error relating to this file. So I suggest you to that you to leave that file as it is when I tries to search for this file online it gave me that it was a system file and not a virus file , but you just cannot trust the online world. So I recommend you to leave that file as it as removing or deleting it may cause you other problems .

I suggest you to start you Pc in safe mode and then open this folder that is troubling you and then delete , by saying delete it I mean manually delete it. And then restart your computer again it see it the problem still persists. I think you should try this out as there is nothing harm in trying this out. I hope this would help you out.