Thread: Gentoo: package.keywords, File or Directory

Gentoo: package.keywords, File or Directory

I have installed Gentoo on the computer of mine. at the time of install it was directory. Well I have seem direction and I am having the stuff to add the file package.keywords in order to unmask the stuff. When I am going for upgrading the KDE4.6 it is saying that keyword file to the directory package.keywords. I am really confused about the thing which you have mentioned over here. let me know if you can clear the confusion of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Gentoo: package.keywords, File or Directory

I think the thing which you are looking is fine. Well the directory seems to be more modular. However there would be no difference in the situation. Either you can use the following directory on the system of yours.
    Code:
    mkdir -p /etc/portage/package.keywords 
    echo "media-sound/phonon-vlc" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords/phonon
    I let you know that you did not require to name the file as phonon or you can name the same as Ralph for all the kind of the portage cares.

If you are having file name which is stated as kde-4.6.keywords. so that you will have the very huge list of the KDE.
    Code:
    cat kde-4.6.keywords >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
    in case package.keyword is a file then it would be same as following.
    Code:
    cp kde-4.6.keywords /etc/portage/package.keywords/

The simplest thing which I can tell you is to set the ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" an you have to run the full ~arch system which would make 4.6 available for you. Personally I don’t know what do you mean by kde4.6-keywords. In case there is a list of the unkeyworded for the KDE-4.6 then you should not enter the ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" because the kde4.6-keywords file would not have covered already.

You will be able to set the ACCEPT_KEYWORDS inside of the make.conf which would not replace the default/hidden setting which you can do in the game. you will have the same into the /etc/make.conf. Well anything which you have set into that particular location is seems to be global settings. It is potentially emerge to which is associated with KDE, Xorg or with all the kind of the kernel resources of the operating system.

Well I am suggesting that you should add –zeroconf to use the flags into the make.conf. if you are getting build failure on kdeplasma-addons then I am sure that there would be open bug and I think it would be difficult to fixed the same. to fix the same you need add semantic-desktop to use the flag in order to make.conf. you can get the desired result by simply tweaking the ebuild. So try the same and let me know about the result.