Thread: How to import registry string value from *.csv file or ini file

How to import registry string value from *.csv file or ini file

I am doing MCA. This is my final semester. I have been looking for a technique to settle two string values in an MSI package. I have good interest in networking. I am install Cisco observation mail and I have to settle the HKCU\software\Cisco systems\Cisco Unity\Media Master\Profiles\default registry values for playback and extension through a phone number and a server IP address. But I didn’t get anything. I have about 400 contact name, unique contact numbers and an IP addresses in a spreadsheet and I would like to import the two data values into the msi depending on the username. if anyone knows then tell me how to fix this problem.

Re: How to import registry string value from *.csv file or ini file

First, if you need to does it after the load, then do a fast Google test on how to change registry entries through VBScript language and you will be rapidly on your approach. There is also behavior to read files and CSV makes it attractive easy to parse based on the character between values. It is not graceful, but it is achievable. If you need to do it IN the MSI, then I be familiar with how to utilize WISE to write registry values, but I do not know how to create it parse a CSV, so I cannot assist you on that level. And if you download the examples one of them sets up the DS PXE services to auto-start, and it contains alterations to the registry, so you could utilize that as a starting point.

First, if you need to does it after the load, then do a fast Google test on how to change registry entries through VBScript language and you will be rapidly on your approach. There is also behavior to read files and CSV makes it attractive easy to parse based on the character between values. It is not graceful, but it is achievable. If you need to do it IN the MSI, then I be familiar with how to utilize WISE to write registry values, but I do not know how to create it parse a CSV, so I cannot assist you on that level. And if you download the examples one of them sets up the DS PXE services to auto-start, and it contains alterations to the registry, so you could utilize that as a starting point.

I would like to tell you about this problem you can do import the m.CVS or .INI files. Only just doing some steps. I am telling you some steps. You should follow the steps and I am sure you will able to solve the problem. Therefore your sensible script wants to do the following:
    1. First of you will install the INI file to the temporary folder
    2. Take the user name
    3. Understand the INI file information into the suitable variables
    4. Locate windows installer public properties from every sensible script variable
    5. Fresh up the temporary folder.
    6. As for sequencing, you want to do this in the perform Immediate series now after Install Initialize.

According your problem First of all, you can find the individuality of the logged on user from the property [Logon User] msi property or straight from the setting variables. However, the install has to be running in the user context - it will not job if installed utilizing SMS or Altiris or any other restricted system based setting up system. In that case, you have no option but to switch the search for and configuration via something like energetic setup when the user logs on.

I want to tell actually how to import the .ini files. This function imports a .reg file and makes the individual entries with the Install Shield registry functions. The benefit of this technique is, that the entries will be deleted upon uninstall. If you combine the .reg file by initial RegEdit with start on App and Wait, the entries will not be logged for uninstall. You can use the for registering the entries. Command is give as below:
    Prototype ProcessREGFile (STRING);

I have also same problem last two weeks. I have search on the Google. I have found some solution. But I am getting to unable this solution. I have concerned with my colleagues and some people. Actually I don’t have much knowledge about it. Because I am learning. And also I have posted so many forums this problem. I hope that I’ll get the right solution of this problem. Actually everyone is not describing in simple language. But whenever I’ll get the solution I’ll here.

I would like to tell you that I have a list of user names and contact numbers (400) of them, I need to take that list either .csv file or .ini file and set the username from a variable I have defined before this variable finds the logged on user name from the registry. Then getting my user name I need to look for through my file and set the username and fill another variable with a contact number. I prepared an .ini file; I thought sensible script would work easier with an .ini file. I was utilizing the read .ini value control to fill the variable I defined in the control as DATA to be 19622, but when I step during the Installation script in sensible script package editor, the variable DATA explain up blank. If I place in a default value for DATA that display up. The Read ini value command is not resolve my variable and I am not confident what is incorrect. I am latest to scripting so the answer may be watching right at.