Thread: Error message” The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect”

Error message” The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect”

The title says it all, every time I try opening a file or a zip file then I get an error message saying that the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. Normally it happens now why is that so what can be the reason behind it can you please tell me so that I can get a fair amount of idea on the same topic so please tell me what is this exactly the error message and how can I get rid of this error message please let me know about it as soon as possible I need your help on this topic.

Re: Error message” The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect”

Now I have got a very much simple solution for you and the solution is basically described in the steps so what you have to do is go to the folder options and then select the option of show all hidden files and folders.
    1) Now its time to set the Installer folder attributes, locate the installer folder and then right click and go to its properties,
    2) Now go to the security tab and see to it that admin and the user are having full rights on the folder.
    3) You must also make sure that InstallShield registry key in the Windows registry has full access privileges.
    4) Make sure that you are storing the specific folder in the directory path which will not contain any specific characters.
    So that’s the perfect solution for you do give it a try.

Re: Error message” The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect”

Ok I have already gone through that solution and frankly speaking it was really very much difficult to understand it so I did not concentrate much on the solution, so do you have any other solution for me then do let me know about it. since I have tried several searches in the internet regarding the same topic and It was really very sad to find that I did not get any solution to help me out of this problem so that’s why I am expecting this help from you all, so please do pour in the solution guys.

Ok this problem arises when there is some problem in the syntax of that files and hence that kind of problem so in order to solve the problem you will have to ensure that file name and the volume label are absolutely correct if it is correct then only you can go ahead, in such problem you will not be able to use the keyboard combination such as Alt+0 and also many characters that’s the problem, but correction in the syntax will solve the problem for you, so hope you have got the necessary suggestion on it.

Ok isnt there anything else in it or should i stop searching for more ok definitely i will give a try for the solution but is it that only this much solution is there in your hands arent there any other solutions in your solution book if none then let me know about so I can start consulting some of my friends about the issue may be I will get a better solution from there itself, so I hope you all have understood what I am trying to say here.