Thread: desktop ini, windows explorer, folder option, system folder, windows 7

desktop ini, windows explorer, folder option, system folder, windows 7

I have personal computer. I installed windows 7 on this computer. But I have a problem with .ini files. Windows 7 is forever attempting to burn or write that file on the detachable media. I have external hard drives, CD’s, DVD's. But actually I want to stop the .ini file which creates on the desktop. But I don’t have any idea about this problem. And also I am fully familiar with windows 7. How can I fix this problem? Please tell me as soon as possible. This is very annoying.

re: desktop ini, windows explorer, folder option, system folder, windows 7

I would like to tell you, some steps for solving this problem. I think at least once you should follow these steps what I am telling you. These steps have given to below:
    1. First of all you will double-press "My Computer" on the desktop.
    2. Then you will choose "Tools" - "Folder Options".
    3. After that you will see when the "Folder Options" multi-tabbed dialog box seems, choose the "View" tab.
    4. then after you will scroll down to "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" and tick or untick the combo box as preferred.
    5. Below you will see "Hidden files and folders", ensure the preferred radio button to display or not display these stuffs.
    6. And finally you will press "OK"

As we know about the windows Professional or amateur, I do not sense there is and genuine value or idea in being capable to observe the system files, except, perhaps, if you are troubleshooting. But, I have allowed mine and have had no issues removing .ini files. Some are re-built, but I have not had the desktop ones do that. But I want to suggest you will take good knowledge on the .ini file then you will have to some R &D with this. But I think this sufficient what I am told you.

According to me and as your problem I want to tell you some steps. First of all you will open my computer then after you will click the tools. After that you will click the tools tab in the windows menu bar. Then after you will click on the folder options. And then you will click the view tab. And then after you will see there list of function then you will scroll after that you will allow Hide protected operating system files. Then after you will desktop.ini is not written to CD or DVDs when you write the CD or DVD.

That, I think, was fact on Windows XP, but windows 7 makes desktop.ini file in spite of. I removed the two off my desktop just the once, only to have them re-seems on reboot. For some cause I am quite certain that Microsoft could have come up with a more graceful solution to folder customization than having a hidden system file in each folder. I would not even be building such a excitement about it if the files (and yes, I am saying files, as in more than one of them, both having the similar name in the similar folder, how insane is that!) were not viewing on my desktop (and no, I am not possible to un-mark showing of hidden files).