Thread: Getting repeated keystrokes on Windows 7

Getting repeated keystrokes on Windows 7

Hello friends. Greetings to all. I have a strange issue with my computer. I have windows 7 installed.Whenever I boot up and go to type my password in, all the time first keystroke it does not register and it appears the password box merely continues repeating an enter command continuously by the time I hit a second keystroke and it will stop and I can type in a normal way. Similar is the case with Firefox. What can be the reason friends. Do help and assist me. Thanks a lot on a prior notice. Take care

Re: Getting repeated keystrokes on Windows 7

Hello mate. I am fine. I would like to suggest you some permutations and combinations which way resolve the issue if luck permits you. I would recommend you to make sure the keyboard itself, in order to distinguish if there is a stuck key. In addition, confirm Sticky Keys, and just be confirmed that they are off. You should also run anti-spyware or you can say malware programs.Also, perform a Full scan in AVG. I hope out of all the alternatives which I gave, atleast one will resolve your worry.

Hey mate, in case you have been using a wireless keyboard, it possible can be the question. A number of wireless keyboards drop into low power mode subsequent to a short idle and you have to rouse them up by pressing keys, this may turn out to be additionally conspicuous when the batteries are running low. Attempt a wired keyboard or else new batteries and observe if this sorts it otherwise try double tapping shift prior to you start typing. If you have one more keyboard that you can surrogate for it for testing reasons.

Hello. In case it is Logitech and you are using the Logitech Set point software then go for a run in anticipation of hitting one more key. The mere technique by which the issue can be resolved is that the Logitech difficulty has to uninstall the software. Afterwards , uninstall the Logitech driver inside Device Manager. Windows hardware wizard will subsequently install a Windows HID driver and everything will be proper. I hope this helps. Thanks a lot.

Hello. I would like to reply to the above post. My wireless set up is Logitech, nevertheless I do not make use of Set point. I plugged in an old Universal Serial Bus Keyboard and up to now nothing. To this point, I actually fancy the battery thought. I have not altered batteries on my wireless keyboard from the time when I got it. I will re-boot and perceive if it does it in the User screen, in any case if it does not it is the definite keyboard, most expected the batteries. I am anticipating for that at least.