Thread: Unable to run Recovery Disk on Dell Dimension E520

Unable to run Recovery Disk on Dell Dimension E520

Hello, last week I make the recovery disk for restore setting in the future. Now because of some trouble I want to restore the setting of the system and hence I try to use this created recovery disk. Actually, I want to load the SATA drivers during recovery process. Hence, I insert this disk on the DVD drive and try to run it onto the system. Surprisingly it couldn’t run on the system. If I insert this disk on the drive then it doesn’t recognize it. I haven’t faced this kind of problem before. Currently I am work on the Dell Dimension E520 desktop with installed windows XP. Any type of help would be appreciates.

Re: Unable to run Recovery Disk on Dell Dimension E520

For installing the SATA drivers you can also use the windows XP setup CD. This setup CD will provide the facility to install the SATA drivers on the system. see, if you have the correct Windows XP installation CD then use this CD and insert it into the system DVD drive. Then after loading this disk run the SATA driver present in this CD. You can also detect this driver from the driver manager box. Then use any way and install this driver on the system.

Hey dude, if you select installation CD of Windows Xp then y\for loading SATA driver you need to set the mode to RAID Auto detect/ATA. The process should work perfectly into that mode. Then set this mode in the system using the BIOS setting options. After that, you need to you need to run the Windows installation disk for loading the SATA driver using the ATA mode. This will really works and I tried this solution to solve the trouble.

This RAID Auto detects/AHCI mode of the system is really helpful to install the SATA driver on the system. For loading the SATA driver on the system, you need set to RAID. This will be really necessary in this SATA driver loading point of view. Using this mode you can easily install the driver on the system using the driver manager window of the windows XP. Then on the RAID options and then try to load the driver on the system. This help to load the driver.

Hey, I try this solutions and I must tell you that there is some wrong happen in the system. When I set this RAIS mode to on and try to load the SATA driver then it gives the Inaccessible_Boot_Device message. Then I think that this is the most unsolvable problem in the system. Hence I immediately contact the service engineer. He helps me to solve this trouble. He did this task very easily using his own technique and now my system works correctly.