Thread: Windows 7: Program Files vs Program Files(x86)

Windows 7: Program Files vs Program Files(x86)

Hello friends. Compliments to each and all. I am really hoping that things are going perfectly fine at your end. Just had a doubt in mind, so thought to ask out some people here. The thing is that I would like to know the comparison of the Program Files and the Program Files(x86). It will be really enlightening if someone can let me know the good as well the bad points of each. Hoping to see some nice replies. Thanks in advance for the help. Take Care.

Re: Windows 7: Program Files vs Program Files(x86)

Hello. I am fine and going well. I would like to imply you that a 64-bit software will and ought to without human intervention install to Program Files, conditioned that the installer is written in a the approved manner. Similarly, on the parallel lines, a 32-bit software will robotically install to Program Files (x86) provided that the installer is appropriately written. I hope you like my post and this proves useful to you in understanding the scheme of the things. Thank You.

Hey buddy, just be aware that the 64-bit adaptation of Windows 7 encompass 2 Program Files folders - the normal one, where 64-bit well-matched programs are installed in addition to the one with the (x86) suffix where 32-bit programs are accumulated. In case you are just merely install programs, moreover from their media or else from a download, then you do not require to be anxious about which index they will get installed to as this is taken into consideration of for you.

Hello mate, I was surfing the internet and came across the thread. I would like to have my word on the discussion going on. By and large speaking, except a program in particular talks about 64-bit then it will be installed in the (x86) folder. In addition, keep a note that a number of programs do not install in whichever folder; as a replacement they generate and make use of their own. On a whole, I can say that if you are uncertain then use Program Files (x86).

I presently have a program that would not work when installed to whichever folder, and as a substitute I had to set up under C:, which makes me speculate, what are all the additional folders, 64 or 32? If it materials so much which Program Files folder you install to, then definitely each non Program Files folder have to be only 32 or 64, right? So that states if all supplementary folder is 64, afterwards the mere place on the complete computer where 32 bit programs will run is the Program Files x86 folders.

Hey mate, I would like to notify you by saying that when the software provides a folder to install to, give permission it do that. Just keep in mind that it will go where it requires to be. As for comprising to "search" for programs, you will be required to right click on its shortcut as well as pin to Start Menu or else Task Bar either is opportune as per your wish. This means you will have rapid, straightforward admission to it. Windows 7 search is proficient enough to locate it anywhere it is.