Thread: how to make my windows 7 update to a normal install

how to make my windows 7 update to a normal install

Hi, I had bought windows vista a long time ago and when i bought it I was been told that I would get a free windows 7 upgrade in the mail when it got released. now I have a small problem where i need to reinstall windows 7 but i can’t find my windows vista disc or serial key. And Now heard somewhere that i can just install the upgrade and fool it into thinking that it is a normal copy. Does anyone know about it and is it true if yes can I try it out or not because I won’t be able to buy Windows 7 for now

Re: how to make my windows 7 update to a normal install

If you are willing to upgrade your windows then there are two options availabe to choose from the Windows 7 installation process:
    • Upgrade. When using this option it will replace the current version of your windows which is windows vista with Windows 7, and keeps your files, settings, and programs in place on your computer.
    • Custom. . When using this option it will replace the current version of your windows which is windows vista with Windows 7, but won’t save your files, settings, and programs. It's sometimes referred to as a clean installation for that reason

one way is that you would have to make a custom installation if you can't upgrade your computer running Windows Vista to Windows 7, you'll have to select the Custom option during Windows 7 installation A custom installation is more complex, and it can sometimes take a couple of hours to complete. For that you would need a external hard disk where you can store your old files, settings, and programs in it so ti would be easier for you to keep a backup of your resources.

This might help you out when You’re doing an in-place upgrade from Vista to the same edition of Windows 7. Just go in your upgrade DVD while in Vista and follow the prompts, activation will go off without any problem. i do hope that my suggestion will help you out to solve your problem if then also you are finding any kind of a problem then then I can only suggest you to ask any computer engineer or check for some similar problem on the official website

I also had a same kind of problem was’nt able to upgrade from windows XP to windows 7 so what I did was first took all the backup of my files onto an extrernal hard drive and then made a fresh installation of windows 7
    Here is how you can do it:
    1 Boot the computer from your Windows 7 installation DVD.
    2 When prompted, press any key to boot from the installation DVD
    3 Set up your language preferences and click on the Next button.
    4 Click on the Install Now button to start the installation
    5 Check the I accept the license terms box and click on Next
    6 Click on the Custom (advanced) option
    7 Select the hard drive or partition that you want to install Windows 7
    8 The installation of Windows 7 will now begin