Thread: How to change a default application to open a certain file type in Mac operating system?

How to change a default application to open a certain file type in Mac operating system?

I have just switched to this new mac operating system and as such this operating system is new for me so I need to know how to change the default open with option in the mac operating system, as such I knew it was very simple in windows operating system but it is very much difficult here, so what should I do can you all please tell me as I am waiting for the suggestions from your side. I had installed photoshop which I know is a great program but I want to sue something else can you all tell me which one to use?

Re: How to change a default application to open a certain file type in Mac operating system?

Yes I can surely help you with that see what you have to do is just do a step by step process and you are done so what you have to do first is that
    1) Just right click on the file and then select file type.
    2) Then select open with
    3) Now select the list of programs that you want select it and then click on the check box that says open as default application.
    So that’s the simple solution for you do try it and let me know if it did the trick for you or not.

Re: How to change a default application to open a certain file type in Mac operating system?

I am using the Tiger 10.4.11 operating system of mac and in that the check box option is not there anyways the above method which is been suggested is quite corrected and I am sure it will work with you as well so that’s what I want t say here, the steps are quite correct and it also amazes me that you are not aware of such simple solution for your system, anyways do try that solution and let me know if that worked or not.

Yes I did get the perfect solution for it so thanks a lot again for the same so I am very much happy about the same here. Even like you I am also having the same version f operating system in my pc so thanks a lot for the suggestions that you have given here it has worked for me and the necessary program is getting opened with the program that I wanted and that is preview so I hope you all have got the necessary suggestion here.