Thread: System Backup fails with status code 13

System Backup fails with status code 13

Hiii folks, I am network administrator and, I take a back-up every day of the system I administer. Because of the sensitive data it becomes even more important to take a back –up every week end. So here comes the problem. Whenever I try to take a back up at the end of the day, I have no problem it works the perfectly fine, But the movement I take a back up of the whole week it pop me an error named 13.

Re: System Backup fails with status code 13

There seems to be a problem with the right‘s you have or it may just be that you system does not possess enough power or capacity to copy such a huge number of data. There are many reasons that cause this error to happen. Please specify the type operating system you use, Netback up version and the Policy Type with Master, media, and client, without such vital information how can you post such question.

I am extremely sorry for not posting the vital information as you told. Mine operating system is Solaris. Media is also Solaris, and client is Windows. Mine Net Backup version is 6.5. And my policy type is Ms –Windows. I am new to this field so please simply every solution you post ( I mean write it in a simple so that I can understand it ). Please give me some more suggestions?

You should try checking into Nic cards as these might help you to solve your problems and if not at least you will gain vital information and knowledge which would be very helpful for you in your networking field. And From your above information I am guessing your client to a web server, is your web server has limited ports, have you set a limit to your ports? You may think to increase the ports. To do this you need to go to the client host properties and then click on the client port ranges.

You should consider checking the client read timeout on the server (media) that is backing up the client. You also did not mention which windows version are you using on the client .I guess it a status 24 in the bphkar log , you might check the sever doc online to check the TN’s for W2003 clients. And yes, remember that the default timeout is 300 seconds which is enough for backing small file and folder‘s . But in your case I suggest you to increase it to 1800 seconds (half hour). Hope this helps. Happy debugging.