Thread: How to modify working folder

How to modify working folder

I'm doing several application packages, and I would approximate to modify the working folder of my function tributary shortcut on the way to %userprofile%\Documents. Have someone perform the equivalent one time? Are there any possibilities to complete this? For the reason that, performing the modification within Wise Composer is not applied subsequent to compiling the package. Does anyone know about this? Please help me thank you.

Re: How to modify working folder

Hello, please follow my information. Basically according to me throughout the application confine phase (if there is an alternative within the application installer).and Deactivate and change the layer possessions on the way to add this modification. By The Way, what appliances are you demanding to package that require to significance this necessity? I hope this will help you to solve your issue. Please go through it and let me know it’s working for you or not thank you.

There is no option in the installer application. And when I can turn off the layer to change the shortcut for streaming applications, it does nothing and revert the change after making a record of my coat. This is, for example with SnagIt. Attachment in the shortcut, in the console view I would change. This is not direct access layer, but the shortcut that is used when pre-caches the icon. So I am not able to perform this do you have any additional solution?

The majority customers are make use of a "working folder" forward on the way to "My documents" or comparable, as an alternative of the "program files" used for default folder place. Yes, a lot of relevance does not endow with a default "folder" predilection on the way to be setup. If you still confused on this then you can search it on internet I am sure that you will get appropriate solution on your query. If you find any other solution then please share with us so it will be helpful for others.

Hi thanks for your reply. I endeavor a custom installation used for the confine of the application of SnagIt 8.x. I attempt a two-step process look like to occupying. I produced an Admin XPF in the company of SWV. XPF introduce into the WVC and compiled the package. Please find the attachment to the image sequence of steps during the capture of the layer. Pascal can present an idea with more details of an application for possible improvement. What you think?

If you click on the Edit button in the bottom of the page within Composer Application Shortcuts, you comprise the choice to modify the working directory of shortcut. This will simply modify the shortcut intended for streaming on the way to push for pre-pop icon or at what time the package is commence from the Portal for streaming. It will not modify the functioning directory of shortcut link that is captured during the virtualization layer. To change the working directory in the shortcut link, consequently you be supposed to perform earlier than finishing the capture of the application layer.

Hi according to your question about finding information on Google and found some useful info please goes through it. If you made modification to the layer in the midst of the SWV management tool, after that the Refresh layer must be reviewed earlier than compiling the package. If you prepared modification to the package with the Wise Virtual Composer (similar to you are doing here), at that moment you are right. Update box layer you comprise to dial. Hope this helps.