Thread: Which operating system does Powerbook G4 has

Which operating system does Powerbook G4 has

Recently I have bought a Mac powerbook G4 15''. But when I have purchased this laptop then in this laptop i don't what is default operating system install. I thought that in this laptop operating will be installed. When I am booting this laptop then I am getting error. Then I guess that I would have to uninstall the os and then again reinstall the os. But I don’t have any operating system CD or DVD. When I am trying to boot the laptop then I am getting the “decremented exception at SRR0...” could you suggest me how install the operating system. What is the default os which comes with it?

re: Which operating system does Powerbook G4 has

Well, I have PowerBook 15 "1.5GHz probably comes with OS X 10.3.x Panther. Formally, it could run through OS X 10.5.8 Leopard, but in my knowledge, the whole system work better with OS X 10.4.x Tiger. As noted above, you can make a bootable CD or DVD to run Linux. This would most likely be your lowest cost choice. As for the installation of Mac OS X, you have to get a set of OEM Restore disks for time of the PowerBook G4.you will have to understand which exact PowerBook G4 Restore disks are very demanding is. Try to search online based on the computer's series number. The restore disks are presented on eBay site, but almost certainly will pay about $ 100 for 'this.

Ok, according your problem I understood your problem very well. Generally in Mac system default operating system is Macintosh. But if you want to install the OS then you can use Linux operating system. It is also best operating system for your os. If you don’t have the CD or DVD then you can make the bootable CD and by which you can save the money. You can find the Linux CD on the internet. I think Xubuntu is best option for you. You can click here and see the Xubuntu CD.

I have also same problem from last month. I tried about this on many sites. But I didn’t find anywhere. And also I have posted same question of different forums. But I didn’t any response. But from the above post I got some clue. I’ll try it. If I would success then I’ll post the solution. But I want to suggest you if you are familiar with Linux operating then you should install the operating system. Otherwise you can install the windows 7. But I told you how to install the Xubuntu? After using the above post instruction.

You want to utilize the operating system CD or DVD for that particular computer or a retail copy. You may not utilize the CD’s in a Mac laptop. Try booting from the CD instead of installing the selection, select Disk Utility from the menu. And next, erase the hard drive. You cannot load an earlier version of the operating system in a more recent version, Therefore you want to rub out the first disk. After you rub out the hard drive must be capable to install a fresh operating system.

According to me you can install the Linux operating system if you like Linux operating system otherwise in the market another operating system is available. If you want to know about default operating system in your Mac laptop. When you had to purchase it then Macintosh operating system comes with it. And also I want to tell you that you can make the bootable CD if you have the ISO file. It is very simple you will use the ISO burner then after you will burn the CD or DVD. It is very cheapest way.

Re: Which operating system does Powerbook G4 has

Thank you so everybody for responding me and also giving me right solution. You told me the steps for downloading the burning the CD or DVD. But yesterday I forgot that for tell the installation of operating system. I don’t have idea how install the Linux. I know about the Linux but I don’t know how to install. If you about the installation then please tell me the process. 2 month ago I had used the Linux operating system. I know about the installation of windows XP, windows 7. Is it same installation process as windows operating system?