Thread: Cannot boot or enter BIOS as USB devices stopped working

Cannot boot or enter BIOS as USB devices stopped working

I am having computer with gigabyte motherboard. I was getting many errors on my computer I tried to go to BIOS and did some settings. Then I decided to install windows 7 operating system on my computer, so I booted with windows setup and there I selected country and keyboard choice and after that I was not able to select anything because my input device such as keyboard or mouse stopped working. I don’t know why suddenly it stopped responding so please help me out to get my computer on.

Re: Cannot boot or enter BIOS as USB devices stopped working

I think you should try out certain steps in order to verify whether everything is proper on your computer. First of all remove your power cable and then you have to reset your CMOS settings. So just press reset button and check whether you are able to enter into BIOS. If not you should remove your CMOS battery from the motherboard and wait for an hour and then turn your computer on. I guess this would work and will solve your issue.

As you said that your USB device is not working, so there might be some problem with that port. So in order to verify that try to connect your device on another USB port and I guess it would work on another port. If you could arrange a PS2 convertor then you would be able to convert your USB device like keyboard or mouse to PS2 and then you can connect it to PS2 port and then you would be able to enter into BIOS or able to boot as you want.

You need to ensure whether your USB device is working properly or not. For that you need to plug it into another computer may it be your friend’s computer if you don’t have such and then you would be able to know about your device status and take certain decision on it. So if you found your keyboard faulty then you will have to arrange keyboard in order to proceed with the installation process as you want and then install it on your computer.

As soon as you are able to boot with operating system then you need to update your BIOS so that you don’t come up with the same problem. I suggest you to do this because I have read some threads where you they suggest you to update your BIOS utility. You have to download the appropriate utility for BIOS update and read proper instructions so that you could update it properly and don’t get stuck in between the update process.

It is better you have a new keyboard or mouse device for your computer as it is the main reason that is causing the problem of not able to boot or get into the BIOS. If anyhow you are able to enter into BIOS then check for the option of USB devices because there might be setting where the USB devices are been disabled. So enable it from there and save the settings and this would resolve all your problem of your computer.