Thread: Which User interface do you like the most in linux ?

Which User interface do you like the most in linux ?

Hey friends, I am using the linux operating system, and really it is a good operating system I have seen, as it has too many good function, including the fantastic GUI, By the way I want to ask, which GUI interface you liked the most in linux among Gnome, KDE, CLI. I am using KDE, shall I change it to any else? Or it is good enough, I want to know from the users who are actually familiar with this operating system, any suggestion? Thanks.

re: Which User interface do you like the most in linux ?

I would say if you are really not aware, then I must say you should see the difference between all of them, as they all differs if you concern the capabilities. All are almost good at something, though I would like to recommend you that if you are planning to install the new one, I would suggest you to install the GNOME, as if you see the screen shot of that software, you’ll surely find the difference.

As you are using the KDE, but if you compare it with the GNOME, first of all the KDE has default (this can be changed) favors blue and grey color, and has one toolbar with one menu. Whereas GNOME has Gnome by default (this can also be changed) favors dark grey and purple color which make it look cool, and the most importantly unlike the KDE it has two toolbars on the screen. In KDE there is only one menu that contains all the buttons while GNOME has separate buttons for applications, for folder navigation, and for system preferences.

Off course the Gnome is better as I have used it earlier, but then I moved. I think you haven’t used it yet, I would like you to use gnome for at least once. It has very good performance as well as the graphic is too good, I don’t know about the other you have mentioned, but I am sure about the Gnome, in fact if you compare it on the internet you’ll find half of the results in favor of Gnome only, and half are still divided for the remaining categories.

Re: Which User interface do you like the most in linux ?

As you have mentioned that you’re using the KDE, but suppose if you’re new to this managers, I would suggest you to begin with the KDE only, as it is light weight than the Gnome, and as you been use to with it, you’ll be able to get the Gnome functions very easily. And if you really want to know more about both of them, you can check their official website, as both will also have a lot of users, and had submitted screen shots to show you the differences.