Thread: Conky with fedora

Conky with fedora

Hello. Lately came across Conky system monitor for the desktop. It indeed fancy me. It bills itself as being for Ubuntu, although it seems to be obtainable in the course of the Fedora repo.I am thinking if somebody is running it on their Fedora install? The Conky site does not seem to have any Fedora connected documentation. On a whole,are there Fedora correspondent if Conky is not suggested? Do reply friends. Thanks in advance for the help as I indeed appreciate it. Take Care.

Re: Conky with fedora

Hello. I would like to bring to your notice that Conky has been around for some time now and will be able to run on pretty much any distro. Conky is that enormous application, it is in fact useful for me, at the same time as I forever desire to be conscious about which applications are running, how much memory they have been using, how much micro-processor and so on, between others, htop which is type of enhanced top when working in text mode, for my Desktop I have tried some although my preferred is Conky.

Hey dude, I would like to share my knowledge with you. You may discover Conky to be not at all addictive or as a minimum I unquestionably do. It appears that I am forever playing with the config file and trying to get it all laid out completely and merely when I am contented, I see somebody else's conky screenshot in addition to somewhat surrounded by it that I in actuality like, consequently the procedure continues again.I hope that you like my post.

Hello buddy. I would like to say something related to the discussion going around. The most simple method to get started is to install conky, subsequently duplicate your much loved conkyrc file otherwise the defaulting one found at /etc/conky/conky.conf to your home folder and again name it .conkyrc, after that restart X. Follow it up by changing the .conkyrc file upin order to suit your own likes and necessitates. I am wishing that you enjoy it. Good Luck

Hi. I am fine. What’s up with you. If you make use of a display manager, you ought to be able to place conky to startup on every occasion when your desktop surroundings begins by saving your session, otherwise by putting conky in a listing of startup apps. Perhaps a few of the others will clang in with several additional startup techniques for starting it. Or else, you can establish it by hand from a terminal surrounded by your desktop surroundings.

Hey, I would like to enlighten your knowledge on this, even though I feel that you must have understood the scheme of the things. I would like to notify you that the conky window does not show up on screen in a quantity of occurrences if you should have a appalling authority surrounded by the conkyrc file, nevertheless you will more often than not distinguish a print out concerning the predicament when you log out, otherwise look in your X sessions log.