Thread: Word 2007 Error "TABLE INDEX CANNOT BE ZERO"

Word 2007 Error "TABLE INDEX CANNOT BE ZERO"

I have shaped lots of tables with one column consisting of lot of rows. In every row there is a number. The last row of every table sums up the values of the over rows by the formula SUM (ABOVE). After that I copy and paste the rows by the totals to make a global sum table. I obtain the overall total utilizing the similar formula. The trouble comes while I save the document. The result is the first row illustrates the error message "TABLE INDEX CANNOT BE ZERO" and every field below is rearranging to 0. The trouble has started to emerge later than a certain Windows Update that integrated Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and Microsoft Office 2007 with lot of other updates.

Re: Word 2007 Error "TABLE INDEX CANNOT BE ZERO"

The program-inserted error note, Table Index Cannot Be Zero, specifies that there is as a minimum one non-tabularized line (one or more paragraph-formatted lines) which divide the table into one or more “sub-tables”) right away over the Totals line in the table. This non-table-designated line (or lines) has to be removed so that the table’s Totals line is once more nonstop with the rest of the table above- there have to be no table division/separation/space between the table’s data lines and its Totals line at the base.

This is not the solution. I have explored google lengthily and there's very little regarding this trouble and no solution. Later than thinking regarding this, I have come to the conclusion that the index trouble is not the trouble. Because the error message doesn't emerge if you write for case a 0 on the top cell. The trouble looks to be that Word has stopped to judge the sum field an actual number. I mean, it does insert the field results, but on save, something occurs that makes Word think the field just a field, not a value, thus the result of a "sum of zeros" is 0.

I suppose your assumption is right. The totals you are pasting are intended fields depends on a formula which refers to cells in the unique table. While you copy and paste these fields to a new table, the SUM (ABOVE) formula becomes drivel. What you might attempt in its place is defeat as plain text--either by Paste alternatives or Paste Special | Unformatted Text. You might depart with pasting the fields and after that at once unlinking them (Ctrl+Shift+F9) earlier than they have a possibility to be updated.

You got it exactly correct. Both workarounds you recommended actually work. Paste Special means making a new, blank table, and inhabit it by copy pasting just the sum fields from other tables. Unlinking the fields is superior because I can make the new table by copy pasting the rows where those sum fields are situated and then apply the command Ctrl+Shift+F9. Even if I have to carry out it cell by cell (it doesn't exertion on the complete column), it's at a standstill a more suitable way of functioning around it.

I am happy that worked for you, and it's exciting that you report that you can't unlink fields in a complete column at one time. I experienced that just yesterday with matter copied from online (where the fields in query were links to exterior photos). I thought this had something to achieve with the truth that the fields were links to graphics, and I was concern to misery earlier than I lastly figured out that I could in fact do them one by one (fortunately there were just five), but I discover it odd that you can't unlink all fields in an assortment if that assortment occurs to be a table column.