Thread: No Wireless Connections Available in windows 7

No Wireless Connections Available in windows 7

I have just changed from windows Vista Home to Windows 7 Professional on my laptop. The laptop will access the internet by only a wired connection. It currently specifies there are no wireless networks to join although my, is one of 50 in the area. I asked Windows to make a diagnosis the trouble but it has no suggestions. Anyone here have any idea how can I solve this issue? Please if anyone get any information on any useful detail for this than please let me know.

Re: No Wireless Connections Available in windows 7

After reading this thread, seems to be a few puzzlement about wireless networking technologies and settings utilizing Windows 7 and I would spend some time attempting to clear things up with a few essential troubleshooting and best practices related to this wireless network problems.

1. First just attempt and turn off your modem, router and desktop/laptop. After that, switch on the modem, after that the router, and afterward lastly the desktop/laptop. Please do this in that order, allowing 60 seconds among every device to enable the device to be completely booted and able to accept connections.
    2. Update the drivers for your wireless network adapter using Windows Update, or by utilizing the website for either the brand you purchased your PC/Laptop from or the manufacturer of your networking device.

Here I also have little solution for you. Just try this and let me know the result.

If you are attempting to utilize WPA or WPA2, please make sure that both your network adapter and wireless router maintain this protocol. If you are having troubles detecting your wireless network while utilizing WPA or WPA2, attempt configuring your router to utilize WEP in its place and notice if you can connect.
    • Please note that the change between WEP/WPA/WPA2 will necessitate being prepared on both your PC and wireless router.
    • If you are just able to connect utilizing WEP, then your networking hardware may necessitate a firmware upgrade. If you are not contented doing this yourself, please call your hardware/router manufacturer for assist in doing this.

This might be the trouble with the drivers for the network adapter on the computer; Click on Start> enter in Device Manager in the Start Search> enlarge the Network Adapters in the Device Manager > right click on the Network Adapter> click on the Properties> click on the driver tab> click on the Update Drivers> click on OK. If the trouble at a standstill continues, I recommend that you install the most recent drivers for the manufacturer’s website and verify. Let me know if this worked.

I just upgraded a Vista Home Pro machine to Windows 7 Ultimate. Later than the upgrade the machine will no extensive connect to my wireless network. The router is quite new and has been functioning well with the Vista machine. I have as well got a Dell XPS1530 (all the most recent drivers) which has been running windows 7 for the past 2 months. It has been able to attach to the WLAN, but while the machine goes into sleep mode and you log in another time, it cannot attach to the network. Not error message thrown, it just does not connect. Again starting windows will solved this and you could connect correctly until the further 'sleep mode' occurrence.

I newly acquired 8 new Dell laptops for my business, an Inspiron, an e4300, and six e5500's. I have experienced that exact similar error on 3 of the machines I have configured thus far. The wireless networking works well "out of the box", later than an initial build and as well works well after I upgrade to Windows 7 Enterprise. The trouble seems to take place later than I run Windows update. After update runs and revives the system the wireless networking shuts down. Exact similar symptoms, "no wireless networks are obtainable" although I sit right below an access point. Device manager says "the device is functioning correctly" for the WLAN card and I have downloaded and installed the current drivers from Dell specific to Windows 7. Seems like it should be functioning, but the wireless LAN card cannot make out any wireless networks.