Thread: My Computer Says I Have No Programs

My Computer Says I Have No Programs

When I started my computer, it showed me an error that my computer has no programs in it. I have never come with this error before. My computer was showing me all the programs before and I was able to access every program in it. When I open my control panel, I am able whole program list from their. I don’t know why my computer doesn’t display program list. I would appreciate if anyone can help me out from this error?

Re: My Computer Says I Have No Programs

To get back your program list in your computer, you need to execute the following command. But before this, you need to login as an administrator. If you are not logged in as an administrator, then log off your computer, and login back as an administrator. If you have done this, then go to start menu and then click on run. A small dialog box would appear, type this command their “regsvr32 /i shell32.dll”and then click ok and restart your computer.

As control panel displays the entire program and you just don’t find all program list in start menu, then you should try out this solution. Go to run from start menu and type “regedit.exe”. A registry editor dialog box would appear in that navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/Shell Folders and create a new string named programs and give it a value as “c:\windows\Start Menu\Programs”. Restart your computer and see the change happened.

This might have happened because of any unsuited software you might have installed on your computer. Because of that software, your computer settings might have got affected. So try to restore your computer to previous restore point. Restoring your computer to any previous restoring point would help you to get the previous better configuration on which you worked earlier. Computer system restore utility uninstalls any new software which you might have installed wrongly.