Thread: Windows 7 unable to see default AD printer

Windows 7 unable to see default AD printer

Hello people. Greetings to all of you. I hope that you have been doing well. Basically, I have an OU with more than a few computers in it and also the default printer. Each and every windows XP computer map to it and set it as default just very well nevertheless the windows 7 computers in the OU is unable to be familiar with the computer. Friends any suggestion why such a thing has been happening. Do reply and let me know. Thanks in advance for helping me and providing solutions. Take Care.

Re: Windows 7 unable to see default AD printer

Hey mate, I hope that you are not making use of a login script and you have a shared folder in the similar OU as the computers in Active Directory which has the print queue for the network printer in it.If that is the case than you should make a different OU for windows 7 computers as it mechanically maps on the windows XP as the default printers , however it is not the case with windows 7, hence different OU will help in resolving the issue.

Hi mate, I am fine and going good. I hope that same is the case at your end. Well, I did gaze through the thread and also the reply above. I feel, it is a very decent solution for your issue. Also, I would like to bring to your notice that you can see the process of it on the internet. It is explained in detail and performing the steps in a proper manner wouldn’t be an issue at all. It is fairly easy, I am saying this, as I myself had done it before and my apologies that I do not remember the website. However, if you surf the internet, things will be fine.

Hey I would like to tell you in general how can you match the physical characteristics of an unsupported printer. If you choose a alike printer in the Add Printer Wizard on a computer which runs a 64-bit edition of Windows, you will be required to believe the physical features of the printer. Also, paper input and output trays along with the default orientation of the paper input plays a major role. In addition, I would like to tell you that if you select a printer model which has a comparable model series number, you augment the possibility that the printer driver is well-matched.

Hey I would like to tell you in general how can you match the physical characteristics of an unsupported printer. If you choose a alike printer in the Add Printer Wizard on a computer which runs a 64-bit edition of Windows, you will be required to believe the physical features of the printer. Also, paper input and output trays along with the default orientation of the paper input plays a major role. In addition, I would like to tell you that if you select a printer model which has a comparable model series number, you augment the possibility that the printer driver is well-matched.