Thread: network adapter disabled on windows server 2003

network adapter disabled on windows server 2003

i have come here seeking a solution for a problem i have been facing lately and want a solution for. i have a server which runs on windows server 2003 service pack 2 i had installed it a few days earlier and replaced the old windows server 2003 from the server. ever since that there is a problem which keep on occurring again and again. when ever i start my server the network adapter is disabled and then i have to manually go to the required setting and enable it again. this problem is unnecessary and i am getting quite agitated as it persists. so please advice on the current situation.

Re: network adapter disabled on windows server 2003

you must go to services and then to network adapter and set it to auto start up then you will have no such problem when you start up your server again these are some initial level requirement which you need to learn about there will be more such problems coming up later on so you should go and read up over it. that will make your future encounter with such problems easier. other than that hope this will suffice in your situation.

why cant you also try other option. there are many options avaliable on the web if you try to look up on them choose the one which suits you and use them as and when required. a network server using windows server 2003 are very common out there and there are almost all the solutions avaliable on the web if you ever come on any such problems. the web is the best way to find answers to almost any problems that you may encounter.

there are many settings which are disabled when you install a fresh copy of windows 2003 server and like in your situation they need to be turned on manually but not every time you start the server it is a one tome setting that you must be able to pull off. and you will never have to do that again. the problem you faced this time is a very common one and hence there are many solutions avaliable on the web.

hey there why don't you save the setting from your old server and apply the same to the new one. you can try doing that when you next install a fresh copy of windows server. you do not need to go and setup if you do this and it does not take much time for the server to take the old setting back. instead of going through all the hassle of setting up the server manually and bring it to your terms. you should try this.

what is wrong with setting up the server manually in fact i think what you are speaking of saving the settings up and applying them to the fresh copy cannot be done. because the server was updated from normal windows server 2003 to windows server 2003 with service pack 2. if you try to do that there is a possibility that your server may give some problem and not perform as efficiently as it can. upgrading always means using the better way then the one you have already been using.