Thread: Unable to install windows with System Recovery DVDs on Compaq CQ61-313us

Unable to install windows with System Recovery DVDs on Compaq CQ61-313us

Ordered system recovery DVD and installed on my last Compaq CQ61-313us weeks and now my laptop has a HP Welcome screen on startup (used to have a Compaq) and hangs in the product information is invalid motherboard (00A) in the boot (hit Enter to continue.) Now I cannot seem to install Windows using the restore dvds and Ubuntu (Linux) tells me it is a dvx-portable HP Pavilion. Any hope for me to get it fixed (out of warranty)? Either I am a boy of Ubuntu Linux for the rest of my life?

Re: Unable to install windows with System Recovery DVDs on Compaq CQ61-313us

I think you have three different numbers for three different things. A number is a bar code readable by a barcode scanner. A number is to recognize the DVD and the version of version. (-001) And the most recent number is a file used through the programmer to recognize the file for potential reference. I accomplish not think that will have every three of the corresponding number. I hope now you are understandable through your doubt if you are still mystified then search it on internet. Thank you.

What regarding it thinks it's a HP Pavilion dvx (no thought where Ubuntu is pulling that information)? Is there a way to flash BIOS back to usual? I installed that Win7 key at the bottom, but it is too low to be understood. I guess these notebooks use the BIOS to confirm that the windows can be legally installed. I flash the BIOS with the latest Compaq BIOS update but that does not change anything. So I'm not sure the HP splash screen comes.

Did you modify the boot order from the hard disk within the CD / DVD drive in the direction of load Ubuntu, or did you install ubuntu? If you altered the boot order to boot from the CD / DVD drive, this possibly will be the explanation why you are getting the boot error. The team might be looking for something that not able to found. If you installed Ubuntu might have damaged the MBR of Microsoft. I am sure that this will clear your doubt.

I did not. I've been with the F9 function to boot from the CD. The system starts resting on a CD no difficulty. And it takes regarding an hour to install Windows 7 earlier than it fails. From what I possibly will articulate that it is failing because they see no suitable information within the BIOS. That is, it requirements a product key. I have run through the installation of about 3 times now. And not happy. I have only Ubuntu on your hard drive today. But the biographies are set forth in a bootable CD then HD.

Hi I was facing the same problem. The reason why my laptop is moved to an HP is because I changed the hard disk. In the laptop and the recovery DVD does not recognize it. Personally it's a load of crap. But no one forces me to use an HP product. I never in my life I've had a bad experience similar to this. HP really considers I'm stupid? I will give credit case manager. She leaves a message every day. She really wants my money $ 261.74. How about I break your computer and after that charge you to fix it. HP is very wrong with this.

Wow my story is identical to Ajooba AB. Got a laptop...never got restore dvd's with it...hard drive dies I replace on my own and I am punished by my Compaq notebook being converted to a HP after I buy restore dvd's and I am now unable to install windows w/out a key (sticker on the bottom is worn and I cant read it). Not a bad laptop....but HP you suck though your much so Indian support is cute!

Quote Originally Posted by jakobgr View Post
    Wow my story is identical to Ajooba AB. Got a laptop...never got restore dvd's with it...hard drive dies I replace on my own and I am punished by my Compaq notebook being converted to a HP after I buy restore dvd's and I am now unable to install windows w/out a key (sticker on the bottom is worn and I cant read it). Not a bad laptop....but HP you suck though your much so Indian support is cute!
    Why did you buy restore dvd's from hp where else you can easily create An HP Recovery Disk. All you needed to do was click Start, then All Programs. If you have an HP Pavilion click Hewlett-Packard and then HP PC Recovery CD Creator. If not, try clicking PC Help & Tools, then HP CD Recovery CD-DVD Creator to start the program.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600