Thread: Volume icon disappeared from taskbar on Compaq Presario CQ60-211DX.

Volume icon disappeared from taskbar on Compaq Presario CQ60-211DX.

I am using the Compaq Presario CQ60-211DX and on that I have installed the windows vista. Everything on the system works fine without any issue. From last one week mine volume icon have been disappeared from the taskbar and I am not able to access this. Now I don’t how to get back. I have tried lots of suggestion but none of them helped me. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue. Please help me on this and thanks in advance.

Re: Volume icon disappeared from taskbar on Compaq Presario CQ60-211DX.

unlock the taskbar properties by right-clicking the taskbar, that the popup window choose the menu style of star and select the Custom option, then from the look of the drop-down list control icon volume, choose them and select the right option to appear or to run the control on your system. I hope that this icon also appeared and home working options. I also attempt this process when it was the same type of problem. I hope even more will surely participate in this process.

Open the control panel in a menu, now open the sound tab, by seeking the "show volume icon in the taskbar, make sure the option to select and to check whether the icon listed task bar or system tray. Because some of the time found for any mismanagement of the operating windows on the icon may not appear where I want, but do not worry about this problem. Try this process hope this will help you.

Did you install any hardware device driver or application is more, basically any related graphics on your system, because in some similar problems I found this missing icon problem can be caused by them, in this case if the withdrawal of one or off for confirmation. Open the program and control panel features, form drop-down list if such application is unknown to you or if it is not compatible with the operating system, but still installed remove that one, I hope to help you understand the problem.

Thank you all for that kind of response about my problem, I also tried many tricks to solve this problem after getting the problem, but I have not been helped, then when I tried with the process of customizing your tray operating system and gets back the volume control icon in the system tray taskbar, as well as the volume control options to start working, thank you all again. If anyone with similar problem once and deal with this process, you will get help with any of that.

I would suggest the following steps, so you can solve your problem. To do this go through the following steps: Put on your original cd and when they are going to install the selected custom install and select only to install the volume panel or something and reboot and you should see when you log back into the windows. I found that because I go through the custom installation, I hope this will resolve your issue.