Thread: Can I use only local time on fast watch of CentOS?

Can I use only local time on fast watch of CentOS?

Hello friend, I have installed CentOS 5.4 and watch of CentOS 5.4 which is fast. Then I found that this watch is to be showing international time. I want use only local time and I need this local time. I am new in this operating system and I do not know the correct procedure to do this task. I have read somewhere that time zone of the system is defined inside the contents of /etc/local time directory. So, please anybody help me to solve this trouble.

Re: Can I use only local time on fast watch of CentOS?

Hey I think you need to do the synchronization of the ntpd. It helps you to reset the local time. For doing this operation you need to run the sudo ntpdrace command. It helps you to solve the trouble. This command takes 20 minute to run the proper way and then it displays the result of this command. Then just insert this command and then run this command. After 20 minute this command will be set the local time. Then the trouble present in the system will be solved automatically.

This type of trouble is always common in the user prospective. The users always want to set the specific time of this watch. Then for solving this kind of issue we need to get the windows clock sources. This clock sources of the windows help to reset the time period of the fast clock of the CentOS 5.4 operating system. The sources is to be as
    Cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource
    cat /sys/devices/system/clock source/clocksource0/current_clocksource
    These both will help us to set the watch time in the local time format. Then get this source from the windows and then solve the trouble.

Hey I also found the some kind of trouble in this system and I did not understand the kind of solutions over this trouble. Then I read this post and I found that the synchronization of the ntpd will help to solve the trouble. The ntpd is to be the Network Time Protocol daemon and is an OS daemon program that maintains the system time using the Network Time Protocol (NTP). This ntpd will be helpful to in synchronize the time servers using this ntpd command. Then I do this and the trouble is to be solved.

Thanks for suggest to running the ntpd synchronization for doing the reset of the local time, but I must tell you that this will take more extra time to perform the operation. I use this command and try to set the fast watch time as a local time. Then I found that this synchronization command takes 20 minute for execution. I think there should be any command presents which will be fast doing this operation. I think the manual of the ntpd definitely provide this kind of facility.

Hey also faced this trouble and I use the different kind of solution to solve this trouble. I install the NTP server on the host system which helps me to set the local time of the system. This process will not take the extra time and it also provide so much facility which will never seen in the other type of solutions such as ntpd synchronization and so on. Then I think you also need to do this and it helps you to solve this kind of trouble.