Thread: Error missing ISO 9660 in installation of NFS on Centos 5

Error missing ISO 9660 in installation of NFS on Centos 5

Hello, I am trying to install Network File System on CentOS 5 but it displays the “missing iso 9660” error. It also shows the “The installer has tried to mount image #1 but cannot find it on the server” error message. I need to solve this trouble and install the NFS on to it. I installed the ISO package using iso image on VM and without any problem it get install. I don’t know why this happen. I need help to solve this issue and install the NFS on the system. Any suggestion will be appreciates.

Re: Error missing ISO 9660 in installation of NFS on Centos 5

Hey, I also have been unable to install NFS using an iso image. I used the DVD to install the NFS and it creates the same kind of error message. I did not understand but I think issue is occurred because it is an issue with the DVD image. For solving this trouble you need to Copy the content of DVD into directory which is present on the server and then install this directory. Then you might also need to do the loop mount the DVD and then share this mount point. It helps you to solve the trouble.

This kind of issue normally indicate that due to changes in anaconda and other items in the ISO then it can be possible that the Older methods using CDroms and unions are does not support and hence the trouble is occurred. Then you need to use the new version of the DVD. This help to install it via a loop-mountable object on NFS server. Then use this technique and I think it helps you to solve the trouble. I also done this solutions and the same type of issue I avoid from the system.

Hey dude, you need to reinstall the ISO patch. It helps to get if any file is missing from the patch. The kind of process for reinstall the patch is to be as already present in the manual; you can use this as a reference. Then if the trouble is also presents in the system then you need to write small patch to fix this bug, and it helps to succeed the installation. This kind of small patch is already presents on the CentOS web site. Then download and install it. It helps to solve the issue.

I also faced the same kind of issue and I don’t know the exact reason behind this issue. Then I use the reconfigure NFS option. First I uninstall the NFS configurations system and then use the step by step process to install the configurations of the NFS system. This helps me to avoid such kind of unknown error and the NFS will work very well without any issue. I think you also need to try this solution. It could be helpful you to solve the trouble.

I also try this solution but it can’t work. I uninstall the complete NFS system and then install the system but it also generates the same kind of trouble. Then reinstall the ISO patch and check that whether the error is occurred or not. But it does not helpful to solve the trouble. Then I use the final option that is contact the expert person of this issue. Those people help me to understand and then solve this trouble. I think you also need to do this process to solve the trouble.

Throw the DVD in the dustbin and use the fresh copy .
    OR
    RE FORMAT & re start your work from zero .
    \Regards,
    ABHINAV