Thread: Virt-install error in CentOS 5.5

Virt-install error in CentOS 5.5

I have installed CentOS 5.5 on the computer of mine. I am looking to create KVM virtual machine by login as Guest on the CentOS 5.5. I have executed the above mentioned command on the terminal.
    Code:
    virt-install --connect qemu:///system --name test --ram 1024 --file=/var/lib/libvirt/images/test.img --file-size=10 --vnc 
    --cdrom=/var/lib/libvirt/images/CentOS-5.5-x86_64-bin-DVD-1of2.iso --vncport=10000 --accelerate --os-type=linux --nonsparse --livecd --hvm
    And I got the following error message on the screen.
    Starting install...
    Creating storage file... | 5.0 GB 02:34
    Guest installation complete... restarting guest.
    ERROR internal error Domain test didn't show up

Domain installation may not have been
    successful. If it was, you can restart your domain
    by running 'virsh start test'; otherwise, please
    restart your installation.
    ERROR internal error Domain test didn't show up
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/sbin/virt-install", line 889, in ?
    main()
    File "/usr/sbin/virt-install", line 771, in main
    dom.create()
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 287, in create
    if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainCreate() failed', dom=self)
    libvirtError: internal error Domain test didn't show up
    let me know if you are aware of anything useful instruction which I can use to get the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: Virt-install error in CentOS 5.5

I am totally unable to figure out why this particular issue is being occurring on the system of yours. can you tell me which version of the virtual machine you are trying to install on the computer of yours. do you have done any hardware or software changes on the computer? Can you post the content of the /var/log/libvirt/qemu/test.log? answer the above mentioned thing as early as possible so that I can let you about the further steps for troubleshoot.

I am suggesting that you should try to alter the <type arch='x86_64' machine='rhel5.4.0'>hvm</type> and make it to <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc'>hvm</type> and see whether there is any difference in the situation or not. Also let me know the output of the uname and let me know about the output of the same. let me know the outcome of the above mentioned thing and see whether it is working or not.

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here you should make the following modification.
    Code:
    machine='rhel5.4.0’
    machine='pc'
    after doing the above mentioned modification you should restart the computer of yours.

I am highly suspecting that the thing which you have mentioned over here is being happening due to permission issue. so I recommend that you should login on the computer as a root and look carefully on the permission of the files which are causing the problem on the computer. So do the same and let me know about the results. Once you done with permission you should restart the computer of yours so that the changes which you have done can take effect.

Re: Virt-install error in CentOS 5.5

You have to launch the terminal on the system of yours and you should run the following command on the terminal.
    Code:
    mv ~/.virtinst ~/.virtinst.BAK
    it would rename the directory and it would give the .BAK extension. Now again you should make an attempt to virt-install command on the computer. Also you should check the syntax and all the arguments which you have used to do the installation on the computer of yours. so try the same and let me know about the results.