Thread: Windows Vista: Black Screen after Startup Repair

Windows Vista: Black Screen after Startup Repair

I have the Windows Vista installed in my computer from few months. Recently I started getting some issues with that and so I decided to do several Startup Repair on that and after that I found that it suddenly closes all the running application and after that it is just left with the black screen. If I restart the computer then it again shows me the same thing. I feel helpless at this point. Please tell me that what should I do get this problem resolved. Please reply as early as possible, I am waiting for the reply.

Re: Windows Vista: Black Screen after Startup Repair

You can try to make use of the last known good configuration on your computer and see if that can resolve the issue that you are facing. If you know that how to do that then it is fine but if you don’t know then you can refer this link where you will get detailed information that how can you do that. This is one of the best methods to resolve this problem and I am quite sure that this is going to resolve the problem that you are facing.

What you will have to do is just highlight "immobilize automatic restart on system breakdown." and press the enter button. After this reboot the computer. This time if you obtain a blue screen it will stay put open and you will be equipped to read and tell us the error code. If the breakdown is through Windows otherwise related to defective memory you must have no problem through retrieving the files. If Hard Disk is failing you require removing your data when probable if you are intended to run Chkdsk".

Have you updated the drivers recently? As the screen goes black, but you will find the sound I would say that the display driver or the GPU is defective. It might be a number of things and the most excellent is the procedure of elimination, start pressing F8 as previously suggested but choose Safe Mode in place of the previous known good configuration. See if within Safe Mode you get a blue screen or not?

If your computer comes with Vista pre-installed and includes a boot disk, the manufacturer may have included some of these repair options in the F8 boot menu. Reboot the system, hold down the F8 key until a black screen menu. Depending on how the system is configured, you may see Startup Repair, System Restore and other options such as an item to completely restore the system to its factory state. This should be your last option if nothing works.

Kellyosborne99 Guest

To fix problems with windows vista, you can download Windows Vista repair Tool which will remove all problems from your Windows. You can read the instruction to use this tool on this page:
    Also, you can manually restore the Windows to the previous stage but that will not fix your problem permanently. You want to fix your problems manually, follow these steps carefully.

1. Boot to the Windows Recovery Environment and select the Command Prompt
    2. At the prompt enter the following commands:
    cd windows\system32\config
    3. At the prompt cd windows\system32\config> enter the following:
    · ren default default.old
    · ren sam sam.old
    · ren system system.old
    · ren security security.old
    · ren software software.old
    · cd regback

4. At the prompt C:\windows\system32\config\regback> enter the following:
    · copy default c:\windows\system32\config
    · copy sam c:\windows\system32\config
    · copy system c:\windows\system32\config
    · copy security c:\windows\system32\config
    · copy software c:\windows\system32\config

5. Close the command prompt window and reboot the computer.