Thread: Unable to create partition volume, getting no space available message

Unable to create partition volume, getting no space available message

Recently I had to reinstall my Windows 7 Professional OS in my Toshiba laptop. While installation I tried to create partition but was completely unsuccessful in doing so. Whenever I tried making a new volume in my hard disk I was getting “There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation” error message. There is around 20GB of free space still available in my hard disk. Does anyone have my idea what must be causing this problem? Help me find some correct solution for my problem and get the problem fixed. Please help me on this issue by giving your suggestions.

Re: Unable to create partition volume, getting no space available message

You are unable to make partition in your hard disk because it is possible that those parts are nothing but the bad sectors of your hard disk. Bad sectors are unreadable parts on your hard disk. They also come into existence because of malfunctioning of some programs installed in your system. If those 20GB space are caused due to the bad sectors then you won’t be able to create any partition volume in that space in your hard disk. Thus, making it impossible for the user to utilize the space occupied by the bad sectors in your hard disk.

Windows OS is provided with built-in hard-disk utility software that is capable of scanning the hard disk of your computer to detect errors if found any and try to fix them.
    • Open My Computer
    • Select the disk on which you wish to perform diagnose and repair.
    • Right click and select Properties from the File menu. The Properties window for your selected drive will appear.
    • Now go to the Tools tab, and then click on the “Check Now” button. You can find that button just under the Error Checking Status.
    • You can select anything from the given option of “Thorough” or “Scan for and attempt Recovert of Bad Sectors.’. Click on the Start button to start the process.

I would like to remind you that there are certain limits on the number and the type of partitions that you wish to have in your laptop. If you have already reached that limitation of number of partitions in your laptop then it can be possible that this is the reason behind you not able to make that extra partition volume in your hard disk. You then need to increase the number of partitions that can be utilized. Or else if the disk space immediate follows the partition then you can easily extend the size of your current drives partition.

You can make use of some third-party software or some hard-disk utilities which can perform thorough diagnosis and repair job of your hard-disk than the in-built software that comes with your Windows OS. But remember that these third party software works well only when they are installed in your system, before you faced the problem rather than installing it after you started facing the problem. You can make use of GParted software for your problem. Search for it on Internet and download the setup form the official website of the software. Once you have installed it, run the application and enjoy its features.

WOW!! The replies were way quicker than I expected. It was like you guys were just waiting for me to enter my query, so that you guys could help me out. Anyways thank you a lot for showing such kindness towards me. It was very generous of everyone of you to reply so fast as well give an accurate answer to my query. You people are seriously life savers for many people like me. The help came just on time. Thank you again for your efforts as well as your helpful replies.

Recently I had to reinstall my Windows 7 Professional OS in my hplaptop While installation I tried to create partition but was completely unsuccessful in doing so. Whenever I tried making a new volume in myhard disk I was getting “There is not enoughspace available on the disk(s) to complete this operation” error message. There is around 235GB of free space still available in my hard disk. Does anyone have my idea what must be causing this problem? Help mefind some correct solution for my problem and get the problem fixed. Please help me on this issue by giving your suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by surajit3218 View Post
    Recently I had to reinstall my Windows 7 Professional OS in my hplaptop While installation I tried to create partition but was completely unsuccessful in doing so. Whenever I tried making a new volume in myhard disk I was getting “There is not enoughspace available on the disk(s) to complete this operation” error message. There is around 235GB of free space still available in my hard disk. Does anyone have my idea what must be causing this problem? Help mefind some correct solution for my problem and get the problem fixed. Please help me on this issue by giving your suggestion
    You can use the Diskpart.exe utility to manage disks, partitions, and volumes from a command-line interface. You can use Diskpart.exe on both Basic disks and Dynamic disks. If an NTFS volume resides on a hardware RAID 5 container that can add space to the container, you can extend the NTFS Volume with Diskpart.exe while the disk remains a Basic disk. For more information visit this website - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325590