Thread: why should you prefer mac

why should you prefer mac

Hello friends, i am presently having a desktop running on windows operating system. Usually I use to work on AutoCAD, Photoshop, sketch up, Illustrator, Indesign and 3D max. I am thinking to get a Mac and I want the following specification. It should have 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor 4GB internal RAM 1333MHz, 320GB 5400-rpm HDD and video card with Intel HD Graphics 3000. I don’t have much knowledge about hardware, so I want to know if it’s worthy to spend extra cash for the new Mac. or should I go for 15” Dell or HP. can anyone tell which other programs Mac can run. I want to know more about Mac. Please help.

Re: why should you prefer mac

If you are a PC user and you want to switch to Mac then what are you waiting for. Switching to Mac from PC is a wonderful idea. the new Mac is loaded with great features. one of the feature that you will get with the new Mac is .mac or dotMac service. this service offers you an Email Address, web hosting and 1GB of offline storage that can be accessible on virtual drive known as iDisk. There are different button for iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, iDVD, iTunes and iWeb which allows you to publish materials to the dotMac account.

You do not require any technical knowledge to use the dot Mac services. Regarding the application programs, Mac is compatible with most of them. WinRAR- Mac operating system has got is own zip creating tool. It is well compatible with Divx – Quick time and VLC. Mac very well runs AutoCAD, Photoshop, sketch up, Illustrator, Indesign and 3D max. if you are only comfortable with Microsoft Office tool then Mac has also got Microsoft Office. Even games like Starcraft 2, Halo and Warcraft 3 are very well compatible.

The hardware specifications that you have mentioned above is enough to run any program without any issue. With 4GB RAM you will be delivered good performance and fast processing. With Intel HD Graphics 3000 video card, you can run any high resolution videos or games. While gaming in Mac you will hardly experience any lag or pauses. DotMAc not only allows file hosting but you can also store files, contacts and calendar information that can be shared with friends and family members. The drive called iDisk can be accessed from any computer and from anywhere.