Thread: after Windows 7 Update and reboot, can not sign in to any account

after Windows 7 Update and reboot, can not sign in to any account

Hello friends, I am having a computer with ASUS P6T motherboard. My system is running on windows 7,64 bit operating system. When the windows update popped out on the taskbar, I run the update, but the system was very slow to respond. Then I scanned the computer with MS security to check for virus but found nothing. Then I performed full scan, but this time the system did not responded. I waited for sometime and then restarted my computer, thinking that it would
    work but I encountered another problem. I am not able to sign in under any of the account. Please someone help me.

Re: after Windows 7 Update and reboot, can not sign in to any account

It is strange that after updating the windows you are not allowed to sign in under any account. But one thing I cant understand, windows update has nothing to do with the user account, then why you are not allowed to signin. Any way, if you are not able to get into your account from normal mode, then reboot the system to Safe mode. As soon as windows start. Goto start menu and then select control panel. Click on the Users account and then select an account. There you will find an option to remove the password. After removing the password, restart it in a normal mode.

Yes, rebooting the system into safe mode by pressing F2 or F8 as applicable, and then removing the password from the users account is the first step you should follow. If you fail to do so, you can try System Restore, repair or clean install. But before this you need to boot command line boot and with the help of rsturi method backup all the files. System repair and clean install may wipe out all the files from the hard disk, so you should back up your files. After performing restore your problem will be solved.

While logging to the account, make sure that you had type the correct login id and password. It may happen that you are typing incorrect login id and password. Still if you fail to log in then you are required to boot to Safe mode command prompt and then by using Package Manager you can remove the latest windows update. After you are done with it, type the login id and password and see if you ate able to sing in to your account. if you fail to login then there is only recovery option available to you.

I was unable to sign into the users account after windows update. I had never encountered with such problem before. I knew that if I perform clean install, I woud get rid rid of this problem but I was not willing to do so. but finally i was able to log in into my account and got the problem solved. thank you all guys for your kind replies and suggestions