Thread: Preferred distro of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Preferred distro of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Anyone here have any idea or any information on this? How would you favor to get a copy of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion? I would favor the USB drive. What yours preferable copy of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion? And one more thing here I wish to know is, need some pros and cons for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion if possible. I just go though some sites where I get very nice replies and great information on this but need more information. So please provide your response on this.

Re: Preferred distro of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Here I must add something about this. I just heard that Apple Targeting Mac Application Store as favored Mac OS X Lion Distribution Mechanism. Apple is said to most probably is planning to as well release Mac OS X Lion on physical media to support users who are running older Mac OS X editions mismatched with the Mac App Store or who have leisurely Internet connections which would make downloading the great update awkward.

As somebody who doesn't up till now have a Macbook Air, I would favor a DVD. I am happy that Apple is moving towards digital distribution, but I like having a corporal copy. And I would be concerned that I would mislay the USB drive. Later than having installed the Lion preview that was done using the App Store, I am all for it. It comes as a disk image (DMG). I don't know if it can burn and booted, but it can definitely be saved offline. When the preview is a one-time-only download, most probably the acquired version could be downloaded frequently as essential, like other App Store buys.

I would like a USB drive or download. Even superior would be both. I need a physical copy for while it is required or for in the future 'what if' situation. Doesn't actually matter to me, later than it's downloaded I would guess somebody could burn the OS to optical media or toss it on a thumb drive should they ever necessitate to reinstall and don't have internet access, after that again it would be a quite rare time to need to do a total reformat in the middle of the desert. I will go with anything option ends up being the cheapest.

When I think Apple should make Mac OS X obtainable as a download, I would rather that it was done as an .iso which consumers could burn to a DVD. I don't like the thought of having to setup Snow Leopard first earlier than installing Lion in the event of requiring restoring. Putting it on the Mac App Store lifts an interesting trouble regarding licensing- they said that purchases could be utilized on any Mac that you utilize. That opens them up to a lot of cruelty.

I notice this as well for the bulk of Apple users but for those that "tinker" or require/want to reinstall OS X later than a new hard drive install or only for the misery of it, it means reinstalling Snow Leopard first and after that re-downloading Lion from the App Store and then upgrading. Very time consuming. There are times while I necessitate popping in the disc to fix a trouble. I will just drive to the local Apple store and pick up a hard copy myself.