Thread: Remote netinstall in CentOS: unable to make anaconda to see repo

Remote netinstall in CentOS: unable to make anaconda to see repo

Hi all, I am writing my problem on this forum with many hopes. Actually I am facing some problem with remote netinstall because I am trying to use remote access with server, so my current situation is in virtual box installation and I am able to see it’s monitor output when I enter grub menu. But trying above method I am not able to use remote access, I think the problem is double slash in the coding part while defining the path. So what is the problem as per your knowlwdge? Please reply to this post.

Re: Remote netinstall in CentOS: unable to make anaconda to see repo

Hey friends, those who are having the same problem in remote netinstall and if they are thinking that the actual problem is with double slashes, then you all are wrong. I just want to say double slash is not a problem; you just have to be careful using anaconda. Even if you put single slash, then it will automatically convert into double slash, also it will put slashes if you are typing without slash. Just reboot the PC. Try to rectify the error in menu.list option. Just try this and do me reply if you solve your problem.

Hello, I am completely agreed with above post. If you are checking for the menu.list option then you must upgrade the grub-legacy to debian etch. And the setting for it must be like follows.
    • Title: Centos Install(PXE)
    • Root (hd 0, 0)
    • Path: kernel /boot/vmlinuz.cent.pxe vnc vncpassword=tester headless ip= your IP netmask=255.255.255.0 gateway=your IP dns=your IP ksdevice=eth0
    • Method=mirror.corbina.ru/pub/Linux/centos/5.5/os/x86_64 lang=en_US keymap=us

If you will apply the above setting, it will surely solve your problem.

Hi all, I was having the same problem in my system when I was trying to install netinstall from CD. I have found that due to second slash appears in the same case due to this, installation is not able to install download .img file. After that I tried with headless option but anaconda was not able to proceed to bring up vnc server. Now try below method:

If you have not installed grub then install it from CD using below code
    Code:
    yum install grub
    After that add it to Edit the grub menu.list, which will load the PXE Kernel using below code
    Code:
    nano -w /boot/grub/menu.lst
    I hope that above setting will help you to solve your problem, I have solve my problem using this method only.

Hello friends I am completely agreed with above post, but in addition I want to share some more information about it. After trying above steps again and again I came to know that the actual problem is with IP. I found that the IP of the mirror should be used in place of its hostname. And I have also found that there are some issues with DNS also, so while inserting IP beware of this kind of problem. As per my knowledge it will surely solve your problem, because almost every setting is cleared in all above post. So just try this and All the Best!

Hello to all, and I also wanted to say thanks to all, because I have solved my problem. After reading all of the setting I tried it on my system and finally I got the success in it. Actually the main problem was with IP and the Hostname. Even I upgrade my grub, and also I found some error with double slash, but no matter with it as it was the default error. There were some errors in coding part which I resolved. And now I am happily able to use remote access using netinstall. Thanks a lot again.