Thread: PID problem with wifi mouse on Windows 7

PID problem with wifi mouse on Windows 7

I am using the windows 7 on mine system and I have got the Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 for free from the PDC. When I tried to use it but it doesn’t work at all without exact drivers. I have also tried on the windows XP but I got the same result. I have tried to contact the Microsoft to solve this issue but when I tried to enter the PID I have got the following error message on mine system:” The product ID number you entered is not supported in the country that you have selected”. Now I don’t how to solve this issue. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: PID problem with wifi mouse on Windows 7

Well looking at the situation I'm asking some questions to find out the root cause of the problem. First, let me know if you made any changes to hardware or software on your computer? Let me make out if this mouse particularly yet worked on your system? Did you put in the suitable drivers for the device on your system? Is your mouse having battery on it? While working on this are you getting any error or message on your system?

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you to install latest driver and so that you can solve your issue. Well from my point of view, you must install the latest drivers on the computer of yours. You can get the drivers from the official website of the manufacturer of the device. Once downloaded and installed it on your computer. You must restart your computer of yours after you install the driver. Let me know what happens after you install the drivers.

Try connecting the receiver to a different port. Then ensure that the activities of the device. In dealing with the receiver in a different port, you will be able to eliminate all the problems that have an effect on the port. And try to connect the receiver to a USB port on the back of the PC. Ports that are placed on the back of the computer usually have more bandwidth (power) of access. Be conscious that objects such as desktop fan and fluorescent lights can get in the way with the signal from the pointing device. Try to test the device in a diverse situate.

This problem can occur if the battery is low. We suggest you use batteries that are designed for use with electronic devices. Battery exchange and decide if this solves the problem. Validate that you have place in the batteries required in the device and are pointing in the right direction. After amending the batteries, confirm that the pointing device resynchronization. I hope this will help you.

If the problem continues to occur after do above solution, then you can check the mouse on a computer in a different environment. If you'll be able to reproduce the problem in a different environment, then you may have a faulty device. If this is the topic, consider "More Information" to learn how to contact Microsoft Supplemental Parts for a replacement device. I think this will help you to solve your issue.

Does the service guarantee mouse of yours? That will be great if the service assurance product has not expired. Well, you can contact the service center and demand for the replacement of the device. Make sure that there should be no physical damage to the device otherwise yours may not claim the service guarantee. You should also keep details of the invoices of the device during his visit to the service center.