Thread: Not able to boot from CD in Toshiba Portege M205-S810

Not able to boot from CD in Toshiba Portege M205-S810

I am using Toshiba Portege M205-S810 and in my laptop I was using the windows Xp and all the thing were going good but some days before my Xp gets corrupted and after trying so many things to make it work again but I am not able to do. So after that I formatted my full hard drive after that I am not able to run the recovery disk to install the windows Xp. Please if you have any idea then please help me to solve this problem it will be very helpful to me.

Re: Not able to boot from CD in Toshiba Portege M205-S810

I have referred your problem and after reading your post I suggest you to first check the drive which you are using is supported with your bootable disk or not. Because in most of the cases this problem is very common. So first check it. And make sure the cd which you are trying to BOOT is working properly. If you have any doubts with CD then try to boot from other CD to confirm the problem. First check all this thing and then let me know so according to that I can give you reply for that.

Ok after reading your post I have checked my bootable Disk and it Is working perfectly. i have checked it with my sisters DELL laptop but there is no problem with the disk. And after that I tried to search the supported drive for that but I don’t know how to do this. If you can help me with supported drives name then it will be very useful for me. Please reply me with supported drive names or any useful information related to that. Thank you for your help.

If your bootable CD is working fine as you have said in your reply. Then I think there might be problem with your drive only. As you have requested for the names of the supported drive then I will help you with that. To check the supported drives you have need to click on this. SUPPORTED DRIVE. Just check your drive there and then proceed with further process. I hope my information will be helpful to you. If finding any problem with that then please let me know.

Hey hi friends I have own the Toshiba Portege M205-S810 and my laptop was working fine. But before some days I was updating my windows XP. I am using the Genuine XP so I regularly do the updates of my windows XP but that day when updates was running my laptop suddenly gets switched off due to low battery and after that I restart the laptop but my windows XP is not opening. It just showing the BOOTiNG screen only. Please help me what should I do to solve this problem.

Hey thank you for your help. The link which you have gave me that really worked for me and I found it very useful. After reading that Bulletin I attached the supported drive and after that I proceed with the further thing and I solved my problem easily thanks to you. Now my laptop is working fine and I am not finding any problems with that. So I really appreciate your help and your information. Thank you once again.

As you have said in your post that your laptop is not loading windows Xp. According to me you need to reinstall the windows Xp in computer. Because as you have said that your laptop is not loading the windows Xp it means your windows XP might be gets corrupted. So just insert the Windows XP cd and try to repair it. If after the repairing also same problem is coming then just reinstall it. And after that you will not face any problem.