Thread: So Symbian is NOT dead

So Symbian is NOT dead

I do like the Nokia C7 and am happy T-mobile is going to have it. At a standstill irritable regarding the Nokia N8 but what can you do? I think people who couldn't give blaspheme what OS they utilize will be just well with Symbian at a standstill. And I heard the dirty small secret is that people don't care regarding the OS, they care regarding style, applications, and prices. The Nokia N8 is a pentaband device, no way any transporter is letting that fly here. What’s your opinion on this?

Re: So Symbian is NOT dead

I don't think it's a dirty secret; people are involved to style and applications. And Nokia had both at one tip but didn't market the complete package well sufficient, and after that fell at the back on the style curve. Lots of people ask me if I have a "Droid phone" or a "Google phone" and go blank while you say "Android". They recognize it by branding and known characteristics. It's why I guess this isn't quite a 1 horse race between iOS and Android so far, but it's going to be if RIM or Windows Phone doesn’t begin gathering mindshare as soon as probable.

Agreed. Show a customer a good looking device which works (and with any luck has a good-looking cost) and they will be happy. The majority customers will see "NOKIA" and be undisturbed with "Symbian." I think their doubts regarding the pentaband piece are unfounded. I went from AT&T to T-Mobile for what I measured well reasons and would be improbable to go back. And where else could I go? A few small local carriers- no such GSM carrier subsists in my area. They all utilize AT&T or T-Mobile anyhow.

I don't pursue golf, but both Nokia and Tiger Woods have image problems. Nokia isn't known for being hurtful edge or cool with the mainstream any longer. An 8mpx camera is stirring, but if it's attached to a phone that doesn't present the similar depth of experience as a phone with a 5mpx camera, then Nokia mislays. There one main fault I think Nokia made: Not development the Ovi ecosystem correctly. I know they attempted, but it just didn't have the panache or the standing that the iOS Application Store or the Android Marketplace has, it should have been a main concern.

Well, Palm as well claimed that WebOS was well earlier than they sold out too big companies which are struggling tend to splash around in dissimilar directions, and unluckily the harm to the Symbian image is quite much done now. I would have reservations purchasing a high end Symbian device at present because I don't think the platform would have much prospect. If I previously had a device I would be more probable to keep utilizing it though. Bearing in mind they have laid off the majority of the Symbian experts I can't see this being much more than just life support.