Thread: How to increase capacity of extend system drive partition

How to increase capacity of extend system drive partition

I am using the windows 7 on mine system and before to this I have installed the windows vista on mine system. Everything on the system works fine without any issue but I have small issue on mine partition. After installing windows 7 on mine system other programs that the partition is too close to the full and I want get more capacity on mine hard drive. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve this matter. Please help me out from this.

re: How to increase capacity of extend system drive partition

I would like to suggest you to repair your windows 7 and so that you can solve your issue. To do this you need to have installation CD on your hand. First insert the installation CD on your system and after restart your system. Now hit the any key to boot your DVD and now you will get the screen and under that type your language and then hit the next. Now you will get other windows and under that select your operating system that you want to repair and then make hit on the startup repair. Now once you finish this restart again and after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you.

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do these insert your installation CD on your CD-ROM. And after that restart your system, while restarting your system will boot the DVD and under that select your language and after that make hit on the repair. Now on the menu go to the command prompt and under that type the following and hit enter after every command.
    bootrec /fixMBR
    bootrec /fixBoot
    bootrec /rebuildBCD
    Now once you finish this restart again and after that go through your issue.

I have faced the same issue on mine system as well and I would suggest you the following steps: make hit on the start and after that go to the control panel. Now on the control panel type the partition on the search text box of the control panel and then hit enter. Now on the result make double click on the administrative tools and under that on the disk management screen right click on the drive that you want and then choose the Shrink Volume. Now after this follow the steps given in the windows. Once you finish this restart your system and after that go through your issue.

I think you need to perform the disk cleanup and so that you can solve your issue. To perform this go to the start icon on the desktop and after that make hit on the all programs. Now on the all programs make hit on the accessories and after that make hit on the system tools. Now on the system tools make click on the disk cleanup and after that followed the steps given in the windows. Once you finish this go through your issue. I hope this will help you.

ljmichael Guest

Re: How to increase capacity of extend system drive partition

you could use the built-in disk management in windows 7 to resize your partition, if you find that is not suitable, you could try to use some free partition software, such as GPard, Partition Assistant Hoem Edition, hope this aticle could help you "how to resize partition on windows 7"