Thread: Windows 7: Recently changed option missing on Windows Explorer

Windows 7: Recently changed option missing on Windows Explorer

I am using the windows 7 on mine dell laptop and before that I have windows vista. While I am having the windows vista I have lot option on the windows explorer like on the favorite link recently changed and this is use to get the back up of thumb drive whichever I have been changed. Now on the windows 7 I don’t get this recently changed option but instead of that I get the RECENT PLACES. Can anyone advise me how I can get back recently changed option windows 7? Please help me out from this small issue.

Re: Windows 7: Recently changed option missing on Windows Explorer

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this go through the below steps and so that you can solve your issue: make right click on the Recent Items link on the start menu and after that choose the open option. Now you will get the windows explorer and under that go to the right side and after that make right click on the Favorites and then select the Add Current Location to Favorites and after that close the windows explorer and then go through your issue. I hope this will solve your issue.

Hello thanks for respond and I would like to be grateful for your suggestion and I have gone through this all steps as you given but after doing this I have didn’t got the recently changed option on mine system. I have tried several time but it doesn’t helped me to solve mine issue but while doing this I didn’t even got the any error message. Now I don’t know what to do. Can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue. Please help me out from this.

I would like advise you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do these go to the start icon on the desktop and after that make hit on the computer. Now on the windows explore go to the following location: C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent. Now here make right click on the Favorites at the navigation pane and after that select the Add current location to Favorites. Now go to the Recent folder on the Favorites links and after that make sure that you have set the view on Details and after that make hover on the data modified and after that hit the Arrow to enlarge the options. Now once you finish this close the windows explorer and after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you.

According to me I don’t think on windows 7 we have option of recently changed but I know I have folder of recent changed and under that you will get the all backup information. To open this make hit on the start and after that go to the computer. Now on the windows explorer on the right side you will see the recently changed folder and this will work for you. I hope this will help you.

I have gone through this same issue and after long searching on the internet I have got the below solution: another solution is to use recent as the location to look for recently changed. Recent typing in the address bar of Windows Explorer can see all the recent file / folder / program / etc. Then sort by date change to see what has changed recently. And I expect this will assist you to resolve your issue.