Thread: What are the latest programs/hardware for Ubuntu 10.10

What are the latest programs/hardware for Ubuntu 10.10

Welcome to this discussion thread. I would like to talk about the latest software and hardware I have running with Ubuntu 10.10, as an enthusiastic team that I have tried many Linux distributions to know that Ubuntu was the top of the line for most of them. I know you may disagree and I'm sure there are some that are better than Ubuntu. I just want to share with you the hardware / software I installed so far on Ubuntu 10.10:
    Adobe Air and Adobe Reader 9, Boxee, Docky, Google Gadgets, XBMC, Media Center, Skype, Wine.
    In addition, I have the wireless adapter PCI-E ASUS 802.11bgn installed with an AMD Athlon X4 CPU, it was easier to set that helps, in fact this was the only PCI-E adapter that was compatible with linux . Connect the game and reboot in Linux Ubuntu 10.10 made this card for easy installation. Also, I discovered that if you go to Places - Connect to Server and enter the IP of your server and you will be able to network with Windows. Make sure you have a good firewall and make sure you use a good antivirus like the Clam-A, just because you think that Linux is safe it really is, not perhaps that is why security updates are pushed to you to enable updates in the repositories.

Re: What are the latest programs/hardware for Ubuntu 10.10

I'm starting to use Linux so I understand that the software I listed is proprietary. I see that you explained alternatively as software okular and evidence. Can you explain to users out there what is the difference between using these instead of Adobe Reader, there are some key features and evidence okular have Adobe Reader does not have. Why do you think Skype is better than Pidgin elaborating please everyone? I'll try these for myself.

To develop Linux whole point was not just "let's do another operating system, but no operating system. Free here means not only price but also the freedom to do whatever he wants with that software. It is not necessary to agree to any EULA or not at all before use. You can edit the source code for your needs, you can share, and the redistribution programs itself and its amendments as well. That is the main advantage of the free (GNU) software in general.

And be sure to use a good antivirus as Clam-A, just because you think that Linux is safe it really is, not perhaps that is why security updates are pushed to you when you enable the update in the repositories. Linux users typically do not run antivirus at all. I did all the time as 5 years and never had problems with that. However, security updates are important in any operating system like Linux is centralized for all software, simplified and therefore more effective.

I'm just talking to users who want security for Linux, if you need or do not understand your opinion. Now, if a user wants to have an antivirus program for Ubuntu that is used and why? I'd like the posts that focus on the name of the software / hardware that can be used in Ubuntu 10.10. I understand and respect everyone's opinion and to focus on that right now. There are other forums that allow you to express their views on open source and Linux. Such opinions must be viewed in the on "What is better Microsoft or Linux", and you must use this particular post so that users know why Linux is better.

Running Mandriva Linux, and we're talking about applications that are also included, and licensed proprietary software that cost Fluendo 1999, but if you use the subscription version of Power Pack to do with it. Open Office anyway is a great application that is free and is similar to MS Office, unless you use Google Docs in the cloud. Gimp is a good photo editor and sometimes a little complicated if you are a first time user. Kino is a good application to download movies from your camcorder. In my case it works with my Canon Vixia HG21 because of the proprietary format. About web browsers, Opera, Firefox, Konqueror, Firefox, Chrome all work very well. Unless Netflix will not let you watch any streaming, but Hulu does and everywhere else.

For DVD backups K9Copy is awesome and very easy to use. The oder is called DVD:: RIP and you can take your DVD collection, reduced to an AVI file so you can watch your favorite movies on a mobile device. It is a life saver if you have children and carry a device like a Tablet Coby Android? No need to carry all your DVD collection with you. TV Tuner applications. TV Time is very easy to make and almost 0 configurations, it works or not. Kdetv used to be very good, but he seems a bit abandoned. I use a Hauppauge WinTV USB 9500 HD Stick and really work with all my local TV channels. K Wallet is a place to keep all your passwords so you only have to remember one. Used before and is very clean, only I do not feel comfortable leaving all my eggs in one basket. System Monitor is like the Task Manager in MS, very easy to do. Xkill is an ingenious application of that once clicked, click the application that is hung and kill it. Be careful on that one, once you click on it there is no way to disable. If you click the background image will start X and it is your desktop environment. A sort of fast restart.