Thread: Unable to system restore due to missing file “RDPCLIP.EXE” on Windows 7.

Unable to system restore due to missing file “RDPCLIP.EXE” on Windows 7.

Hello guys I bought new machine in last month with the Windows 7 installed on it. I haven’t downloaded any update for it. And the Autoruns specifies that the file “RDPCIP.EXE” which usually resides in the folder System32, and that file cannot be located on the startup. And I am not able to do the system restore due to that missing file. Machine runs fine most of the time but sometimes it freezes. Can you guys tell how to restore that file on the Windows 7.

Re: Unable to system restore due to missing file “RDPCLIP.EXE” on Windows 7.

Hey first of all thanks for posting this thread, I was looking the same query. My system also gets hanged sometime. I did remember that few weeks ago I changed some settings in the registry while using the remote desktop. May be that have affected my system, I don’t know much about the computer stuffs and that is the only change I have made recently, so guys please help me out I hangs occasionally while downloading but it’s really annoying when it hangs just before the download completes. Please help.

Well you guys have made some changes in the registry files and due to that you guys are facing this problem. When your machine acts as a terminal server that means if someone else using who connects with your machine using the Remote desktop. Then the “REPCLIP.EXE” file be loaded in your computer, which will act as a part of the Terminal server functionality. RDPCLIP helps the machine to connect via the Remote desktop, you will find this under this path “Program files\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Wds\rdpwd\StartupPrograms” and to solve this issue you have to back up the registry and then restore the registry.

Well yes this will solve your problem you just have to follow the some steps to take the back up of registry and then find the steps on the Microsoft forums “how to restores registry.”, here are steps to take the back up of the registry
    A> Click on “start” and then click on “Run” and then type “%SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe” and click on the “Ok” button.
    B> Now you will get the “Welcome to system Restore” page and there click on “Create a restore point” and then click on “Next”.
    C> Then on the “Create a restore point” page, type the name for the restore point here it is “rdpclip” and then click on “create”.
    D> After the creation click on “Close”.
    E> And if the System restore is turned off , then it will ask you to turn on the system restore and clock on “Yes”. And after that in the “System Properties dialog box” click on clear the check box of “Turn off System Restore” and then click on “Ok” and then repeat the steps.

Dude that is exact solution for registry back up and don’t have to visit the Microsoft forums because I know the steps required to restore the registry and steps are as followed.
    1> First step is same as for the “Backup registry” step-<A>.
    2> Now on the “Welcome to System Restore” page you have to click on the “click Restore my computer to an earlier time” and click on “Next”.
    3> Now on the “Select a Restore Point” page, and click the system checkpoint. Now in the On this list you have to select the “restore point area” and now click an entry that is named “Guided Help(Registry Back up)” and then click on the Next. And if you get a System Restore message click on “OK”.
    4> And now on the “Confirm Restore Point Selection” page click on “Next”. And restart the computer,
    5> After restarting the computer click on “Ok” on the “System Restore confirmation” page.

Hello guys thanks a lot for helping me out as I said I don’t know much about the computer stuffs I wouldn’t be able to do all this changes or settings on my own. And thanks for providing me both the solutions here because may I would have got some other page for the restore registry on google. Anyways guys my problem is solved now I just followed the steps you have provided and after restarting the system my PC is working fine it didn’t freeze after these settings.