Thread: Unable to move default location of Public folders to a new drive

Unable to move default location of Public folders to a new drive

I am setting up a new machine with Windows 7 and reinstall disk. I have 500 GB hard disk is divided into 2 logical drives. As far as possible you want to store all user data on E: and I know it is not possible for all user settings to be moved. I have not copied over records from my previous machine so you only have empty folders at the moment. I have stimulated all my documents / pictures / etc. folders on drive E: to modify the location of the folder properties. On the other hand, I not able to do the similar with public folders, can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Unable to move default location of Public folders to a new drive

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this first make new folder on the E drive. And after that open the command prompt. To open this go to the start and after that make hit on the run and after that type cmd and then hit the ok button. Now on the command prompt type the following and then hit the ok button.
    robocopy /MIR %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Users\Public E:\Public
    Now once you finished this command and after that go through your issue.

Hello thanks for replying and I would appreciate your suggestion. As you said that I have created the new folder and after that I have tried to open the command prompt and under that I have type the command as you given but while doing this I have got the error and this was not working. I have also tried to run the command in the administrator but after that I have faced the similar issue. Now I don’t what to do, can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

I would like to suggest you the following step sand so that you can solve your issue. To do these go through the following steps: first close the all application and after that select on the my documents and then make right click on that and after that select the properties. Now on the properties go to the location tab and after that give the location where you want to move. Now once you finish this your issue will get solved. I hope this will help you to get ride your issue.

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you the following step and so that you can solve your issue. To do these follow the steps below: first go to the start and after that make hit on the search. Now on the search type Regedit and then hit the ok button. Now on the registry key windows go to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList. Now here make search for the key that’s named in Public. And then make double click on that and then choose the destination where you want to move. Now once you finish this restart your system and after that go through your issue.