Thread: Shifting of my Users folder to a different Partition

Shifting of my Users folder to a different Partition

I desire to know how to shift the whole folder C users to my D drive partition and then delete the user folder on the C drive, so all my user data and files stored on my D drive partition as my drive C is for the operating system and drivers only. Now, I make out that you can shift folders inside the folder name of the users, but this option is not obtainable in the user folder itself. If you cannot shift the Users folder of all, at least find a solution where I can move my folder C to D Name of the unit in place. Can anyone help on this topic and so that I can solve mine issue. I am using windows 7 on hp pavilion system.

re: Shifting of my Users folder to a different Partition

In the defaulting user folders are subfolders of a folder% UserProfile%. The folder position is C: \ Users \ User. To shift the user folder have to first make a fresh folder in the position you are downloading. Make hit on the Start menu and type C: \ Users \ on the text box of search box. Later than a popup window viewing the user folder and then Right click on the folder you desire to shift and snap Properties. Now on the properties go to the Location tab, type of use of the path of the folder you formed and then hit the OK. Hit Yes Now your user profile folder are stimulated to a different directory.

I have setup several users accounts on my system. I am operation Windows 7 on my system. Is there a method to shift or move the user profile window on an extra partition? If so, how I can. What are the potential for move of folders to one more folder and it should not have an effect on mine log off activity. Can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue. please help me out form this.

I have gone through this steps and it helped me to solve mine issue. To do this go to the start and after that make hit on the run. Now on the run type cmd and then hit the ok button. Now on the command prompt type the following and then hit the enter after every command:
    rmdir /S /Q C:\Users
    rmdir "C:\Documents and Settings"
    mklink /J C:\Users D:\Users
    mklink /J "C:\Documents and Settings" D:\Users
    Once you finish this restart your system and after that go through your issue.

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you the following steps and sop that you can solve your issue. To do these go through the following steps: make hit on the start icon on the desktop and after that go to the make right click on the My Documents or Pictures and then choose the properties. Now under the properties go to the location tab and after that make hit on the move. Now here select the location where you want to shift and then hit the apply and then ok button. Once you finished and after that go through your issue.