Thread: Taskbar not working properly and "pin to taskbar" option disappeared

Taskbar not working properly and "pin to taskbar" option disappeared

I was reorganizing my taskbar icon and remove the Windows Explorer task bar. When I tried to pin the new taskbar drag and drop that pin. Then I tried right clicking on the icon to the pin and the "pin the toolbar" dialog box was gone. Now you cannot attach anything to the taskbar using any method at all. Now I don’t know how to solve this issue can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue. i am using the windows 7 on mine system.

Re: Taskbar not working properly and "pin to taskbar" option disappeared

Also face similar situation. I do not know why you cannot post my icons on the taskbar. Whenever an icon is opened or is in the taskbar to do a right click is returned with a message that says Close all windows. Also, the icon displays a red circle with a cross on it, every time you drag it from any folder or the desktop. This did not happen before, only in those days. Does anyone face this? Please help me out of this.

I would like to suggest you the following step sand so that you can solve your issue. To do these go through below steps: first close the all applications on your system and after that make right click on the desktop and then choose the Personalize. Now on the Personalize make hit on the windows 7 them and after that close the all application and then restart your system and then go through your issue. I hope this will help you.

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to recommend you the following solution and so that you can solve your problem. To do this make hit on the start icon on the desktop and after that go to the search. Now on the search program type the system restore on the text box of the search and then hit the ok button. Now on the result make hit on the system restore application and under that make hit on the date before issue encountered and after that go through the steps as given in the wizard. Now once you finish the system restore restart your system and after that go through your issue.

I think you need to follow the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. Top do these go through the following steps: first boot you system on the safemode and after that open the task manager. To open these go to the run and after that type taskmgr. Now on the task manager go to the process and after that make right click on the Explorer.exe and then choose the end process. Now once you finish this go to the file and hit the new and after that type cmd.exe and then hit the ok button. Now on the command prompt type the following and then hit the enter after every command.
    CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
    DEL IconCache.db /a
    Once you finish this again go to the new on task manager and after that type explorer.exe and then hit the enter. Now restart your system in the normal mode and after that go through your issue.

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you the following step sand so that you can solve your issue. You do this go through the following steps: first close the all program on your system and after that make right click on the start button and then choose the properties. Now on the properties go to the start menu tab and under that make check mark on the Store and display recently opened programs in the Start menu check box to start the pin to taskbar option. And then hit the ok button. Now once you finished this go through your issue.