Thread: No volume control taskbar icon in Vista 64?

No volume control taskbar icon in Vista 64?

I am running Vista Ultima 64-bit on my new computer Intel core i3 with 4 GB ram and I notice that there is no Creative icon in the notification area of the taskbar to control the volume and/or start the "Creative Console Launcher". Not a big problem but quite annoying if you, like me, use the Creative Console Launcher applet a lot. Please help me out.

Re: No volume control taskbar icon in Vista 64?

Put in your original cd and when you are going through the install select custom install and select only to install the volume panel or something like that and restart and you should see when you log back in windows. I found that out because i didn’t go through the custom setup, i went through express i think it was, and yes vista uncheck it by default which is stupid but it works fine now.

Thanks a lot! Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best solutions, just like in this case. For some reason the "Volume Panel" option must not have been ticked by default for the Vista 64 installation but for Vista 32 and XP it was on by default. I never checked for any custom install option, I just assumed there were no volume panels for Vista 64. I guess the old saying "assume makes an ass out of you and me" has some true to it after all.

I just did a clean install of Vista, and went through setup with the custom option. However, I don't get the icon in the sys tray (or "notification area" I think it's called). Any particular setup file on the CD that I should run by itself, or is there some setting in Vista that hides it from me? It's very annoying having to go through the console launcher in the start menu every time you want to change something. Any suggestions most welcome!

I’ve got Vista64 and installed the volume taskbar from the CD, what i have noticed, every time i boot up the volume goes to low and i have to always check and turn it up to max, has anyone else noticed this. Or should i not touch it and open the console and check the volume from there, maybe first time you click the volume icon it sets the volume to the lowest setting. What do you all think?