Thread: Error Code 0x8004ff56 While Installing Microsoft Security Essentials

Error Code 0x8004ff56 While Installing Microsoft Security Essentials

I have installed the windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 and I have successfully recovering mine system through BSOD with producer recovery disk. Now I have small issue on mine Microsoft Security Essentials. I am not able to install the Microsoft Security Essentials on mine system. While installing the Microsoft Security Essentials I have got the following error saying that: "The Security Essentials Installation Wizard is lost a filter manager rollup package required to entire the installation. To carry on installing Security Essentials, you have to download the necessary package." And after that I have click the "Download required package" and after that it download anything and after that it gives the error code. Now I don’t know how to solve this issue. Can anyone suggest on this.

Re: Error Code 0x8004ff56 While Installing Microsoft Security Essentials

The error code above is probably because the system is not having the package manager summary filter is a mandatory package needed to install the Microsoft Security key on your system. So here I would suggest that you download and install the package manager summary of the filter. Click here to download. Once downloaded double click the file to install it and then run the Microsoft Security Assistant Essential for installation on your system.

Hello thanks for replying and I would appreciate your suggestion but it doesn’t help me to solve mine issue. As you said that I have clicked the link and then download the files and after that installed and then perform the software but it doesn’t solve mine. Once I finish the running and after that I have restarted mine system and then I have tried to install the Microsoft Security Essentials but I got the same issue. Now I don’t how to solve this issue. Can anyone suggest on this.

I have same problem in my system. Two days ago my desktop was running too much and therefore reason for me to reformat my hard drive. After that I have reinstalled the operating system and after that when I tried to install the Microsoft Security essential I have got the error code: 0x8004FF56 and after that installation was closed. I have tried to install in safe mode but after that I have got the same issue. Can anyone help on this and so that I can solve mine issue.

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you to uninstall or disable the all third party software and after that you can solve your issue. While installing the Microsoft Security Essentials make sure that you have uninstalled or disable the all antivirus and other third party software and then try to install the Microsoft Security Essentials. If this doesn’t helps to install then you need to run some cleanup tool and so that you can solve your issue.

I would like to suggest you to follow the below steps and so that you can solve your issue to do this. First you need to disable the all third party and after that go to the some official website and then search for the Microsoft Security Essentials software. Now once you complete the downloading and then install the setup file and after that your issue will solved. Now once you complete the installation restart your system and after that enable third party. I hope this will help you.